Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like all the rallies are down south, what about us up north (Minnesota) that can't take time off to travel hundreds of miles to a rally? Has there ever been one up this way?

·
Super Moderator
10,689 Posts
A rally can be held anywhere!! They typically end up being south because that's where the proposal are being submitted by folks willing to due the work to make the rally happen. Then we put up to a vote. This year the choices were Hot Springs, Arkansas and Pensacola, Florida with Florida being the winner.

If you want to put together a proposal for north next year please do!! I would love to go north. :thumb: We usually put up the post to give your proposal in late December/early January with the vote going Feb or March and a final decision in March so people can start making plans and asking for their time off.

We won't leave you in a lurch if you are a proposal virgin. :D Mostly what we need is someone who is familiar with the area to help with hotels and what to do. When it gets to the nitty-gritty someone (probably me or Lisa) will help you if you like.

·
Administrator
17,884 Posts
I am down to go anywhere. Just seems the majority of the members that will attend are more southern so it tends to stay down this direction. Like stated submit a proposal for next year when the tread pops up and get the ball rolling.

·
Matt
2,658 Posts
I'm in :thumb:

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
There was a time when Canadian and Yorkers (or whatever they're called) would participate...maybe a more northern rally would renew some interest :thumb:.

:D

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
A rally can be held anywhere!! They typically end up being south because that's where the proposal are being submitted by folks willing to due the work to make the rally happen. Then we put up to a vote. This year the choices were Hot Springs, Arkansas and Pensacola, Florida with Florida being the winner.

If you want to put together a proposal for north next year please do!! I would love to go north. :thumb: We usually put up the post to give your proposal in late December/early January with the vote going Feb or March and a final decision in March so people can start making plans and asking for their time off.

We won't leave you in a lurch if you are a proposal virgin. :D Mostly what we need is someone who is familiar with the area to help with hotels and what to do. When it gets to the nitty-gritty someone (probably me or Lisa) will help you if you like.
I'm a newbie to this and I'm not sure how many members are up here? I know I'm currently the only one in the MN chapter :anyone: I would like to see a few from up here before I think of proposing one. I need to print some Hemi Truck Club cards and distribute them!

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
There should be some Power Wagons and snowplow equipped Hemi trucks in MN and the cold country...:GoodLuck1: with finding them and generating club interest :dance:.

:thumb:

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There should be some Power Wagons and snowplow equipped Hemi trucks in MN and the cold country...:GoodLuck1: with finding them and generating club interest :dance:.

:thumb:
Very funny! :lol: It's beautiful up here in the summer, winter not so much.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very funny! :lol: It's beautiful up here in the summer, winter not so much.
I wouldn't mind going north in the summer months. I just don't like driving in the snow or in my case riding in the snow (hubby or son drives typically). When it snows here in Kansas City that is when I work from home. That is one advantage that I have that I can remote into the computer and work from home when its bad weather. Unless of course if it is an ice storm and the power is out then I am not driving anywhere anyway. I may not eat either unless we cook hot dogs in the fireplace....lol. Dang electric appliances...lol.

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't mind going north in the summer months. I just don't like driving in the snow or in my case riding in the snow (hubby or son drives typically). When it snows here in Kansas City that is when I work from home. That is one advantage that I have that I can remote into the computer and work from home when its bad weather. Unless of course if it is an ice storm and the power is out then I am not driving anywhere anyway. I may not eat either unless we cook hot dogs in the fireplace....lol. Dang electric appliances...lol.
You get used to driving in the snow up here or you would never go anywhere. I kind of like it in my Ram! I also have a Ford F-150, but that's strictly my work truck. I love the color of your truck! Did you get that custom painted?

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
--------------------------------------------
Michelle if it snows anywhere in in the US in June or July (except in the upper reaches of the mountains) we're all in trouble ;).

:dance:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Big Red, our truck is a limited edition Daytona Package. It came from the factory with the "Go Mango" color and the wing on the bed. They also made the same package in the Silver color. We attract a lot of attention with that color. Jerry (my hubby) saw the truck on the Dodge car lot the same day that I did. When I drove home from work I told him about it and he started laughing telling me that he already test drove it and called our loan company.

·
Registered
391 Posts
--------------------------------------------
Michelle if it snows anywhere in in the US in June or July (except in the upper reaches of the mountains) we're all in trouble ;).

:dance:
Ah Ooooh! Doc, you might have jinxed it. Don't type out loud of such things as snow in June or July. This strange weather we have been having it might just happen. If I have to drive in the snow, my car stays in the garage and I drive our 4-wheel GTX Dodge Ram. I feel more comfortable knowing it has 4 wheel drive in case I get stuck. My car sits too low to the ground anyway.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Ah Ooooh! Doc, you might have jinxed it. Don't type out loud of such things as snow in June or July. This strange weather we have been having it might just happen. If I have to drive in the snow, my car stays in the garage and I drive our 4-wheel GTX Dodge Ram. I feel more comfortable knowing it has 4 wheel drive in case I get stuck. My car sits too low to the ground anyway.

That's OK...We'll just have Christmas :santa1: in July ;).

:dance::thumb:

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There seems to be a few people out of state interested in a rally up here! That's great, and hopefully I'll be able to find a few more MN people interested in our club. Just today I gave a bunch of cards to the manager of Radco (a truck accessory store) to hand out to other Hemi guys & gals, and it sounded like he was interested in joining too. I'm continuing to stick cards in Hemi trucks that I see as well. I've gone to a couple of local meets, but they are mostly cars. There doesn't seem to be any truck meets around here that I can find. I'm trying!!

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, so I just made a group in the Community section called "HTC Upper Midwest Coalition". It's my attempt to bring together HTC members from Minnesota, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa for meets and gatherings, since members are few and far between up here. Please consider joining the group!! :dance:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts