Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have this chirping noise that’s getting to me. It’s in the video. Changes with rpm’s. Pulled serp belt noise still there.

i also pulled trans inspection cover to checked for crack flex plate or loose converter. No cracks seen but doesn’t mean no cracks where I can’t see bolt to crank.

It has been doing it for a bout a week now. It was somewhat intermittent it didn’t make the noise at all the other day.

Praying it isn’t lifter/cam failure but getting worried now.

2014 ram 1500. 135k

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,858 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the HEMI Truck Club Forum. Enjoy your Ride and the Site.
You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you.
Glad you could join us!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself with an introduction.
New Member Introductions

·
Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,149 Posts
Welcome to HTC!
In the video the engine is running without the serpentine belt?
If you have a long screwdriver I would start by placing it on different parts of the engine and put the handle to your ear to see if you can pinpoint the squeaking. That could be an exhaust pipe moving around. Does it change if you raise the RPMs to where it becomes quieter or louder? And do you have good oil pressure? First impression to me is water pump, alternator, power steering pump, or some sort of a out of alignment pulley. And if it were a lifter I would think the engine would begin to miss.
Good luck hope this helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts