Hemi Truck Club banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New to HTC???

38K views 562 replies 131 participants last post by  JOKER 
#1 ·
We get new members almost every day. I'm sure that a lot of what goes on around here is hard for someone thats new to understand. So here is a little insight into the way things are.

We are a close knit little family that like to help each other, and anyone we can. We pick on each other, make jokes about each other but thats the way this family is... You are welcome to join in the antics if you want but it isn't required. If you want to be an active part of the family just join in, if not thats cool too.
We have some members that post on almost every thread, everyday, and others that only post occasionally. It makes no difference. You can become as involved as you like or just come and gather information, and never post. We talk a lot of trash sometimes, but it's all in fun. We don't allow anyone to bash another member. We may not always agree, but we always treat each other with respect.
Some of us have gotten to be pretty close friends over the years. Meeting someone who's post you've read can be a real hoot. Not everyone is in real life, like they appear in their post. Some of us will talk to a fence post while others may type a lot yet have little to say in person. You just never know.
We have a lot of veterans, and public servants, and we appreciate them and the sacrifices they make. We also have just about every kind of profession you can imagine. Some well educated, and some not. It doesn't make any difference to us..we're all equal (family). For the most part we all like to have a good time, and our trucks. Our ages are from 17 to 72, but you would never know there was a difference. It just works here.
You will see an occasional references to drinking.... Yes some of us do have a drink once in a while, some more often than others. But we have never had anyone get out of line or drunk. We have held several HemiTruckClub Rallies, Regional and State GTG's, and three Hemi's in the Hills events without a single problem. These events aren't taken lightly. MrHemi and his State Officials and individuals have worked hard to make every gathering a success, and it has paid off.
Work on the 2007 Rallies started back in September 2006 with a dozen members adding their input to the choice of areas, dates and events. If you a new member and you have time to make the Rally this year, even if it's just for a day or two, you won't be disappointed. You can pretty much bet that someone there will be the type person you'll feel comfortable with.
Enjoy The Hemi Truck Club and be a part of the best group of people anywhere... that's just the way it is!!!

See less See more
#452 ·
Welcome aboard obnxs - we're glad you joined us!

#453 ·
obnxs!

#458 ·
back!

#460 ·
hemi noises... the ticking is normal but when i am in the throttle it makes a whistle dieseling sound.. almost sounds like water in the exhaust or something... and check engine light has come on 2 times with only 3000 miles on it... it is an o7.. someone please help.. people at dealer think i am stupid....

#461 ·
2kleendodge.

You need to check for diagnostic trouble codes if the CEL is coming on. Any of the bigger auto parts stores can check for codes for free. In my opinion the dealership should check for codes for free too.

#462 ·
i had them check the codes and they replaced some little pump.. i dont remember the name of it but the noise sounds like a pinched or severed exhaust manifold gasket and i am woundering if it does have an exhaust leak, if this could cause that part to keep going bad... the part that keeps going bad it the esim/nvld, evaporative syst....

#463 ·
The NVLD (Natural Vacuum Leak Detection) pump is part of the EVAP system.
Question:
I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500. I have a check engine light with DTC codes P0442 and P0455. What exactly causes these Dodge engine light codes, and how do I fix the problem? What needs to be replaced? I have already replaced the gas cap and this did not fix the problem as the check engine light is still on.

Answer:
I think I can be of assistance. A Dodge engine light code P0442 indicates that a medium sized leak has been detected in the evaporative emissions system. Code P0455 indicates that a large leak has been detected. So basically the same concern is likely causing both check engine light codes. The evaporative emissions system is responsible for controlling fuel vapors, and metering them into the engine to be used in combustion and reduce overall vehicle emissions. The computer actually has a test that it performs on this system under certain conditions to make sure that there are no leaks, which would allow these vapors to vent to the air and pollute the environment. These conditions include cold start, engine running with fuel level greater than 12% and outside temperatures between 39 and 89 degrees Fahrenheit. When performing this test, the computer activates a Purge Solenoid to bring the system under vacuum. Once the NVLD (Natural Vacuum Leak Detection) switch is closed, indicating that a vacuum is obtained, the solenoid is turned off. If the vacuum level drops off, indicating that there is a leak in the system, the computer will set these codes. The rate of the leak determines which codes will be set. If you have replaced the gas cap then you can most likely eliminate that as the leak point. I would suggest taking a close look at the filler neck to make sure there are no cracks, and that there is a smooth surface for the gas cap gasket to seal against. A repair shop will hook a specialized smoke machine up to the evaporative emissions system and close the evap solenoid vent line. They will then fill the system with smoke and check with a spotlight for leaks. If no leaks are found it is possible that there is an issue with the purge solenoid. You can perform a quick mechanical leak check on this solenoid by disconnecting the vacuum lines from it and applying a 10 in Hg vacuum to the "can" side of the solenoid. It should hold vacuum. If not there may be an internal concern. Most often a leak in one of the lines or fittings is the cause of the problem and repair is fairly quick and inexpensive. You can do a visual on the lines yourself before bringing it to a shop. The EVAP leak detection pump, filter and purge solenoid can all be found together at the passenger's side front fender.** The filter is the cylinder type device and the purge solenoid has the double vacuum fitting and electrical connector going to it. The pump should have a vacuum line on top and a couple of larger EVAP lines towards the front side as well. Check all lines at these components and follow them to their destinations, looking for signs ot wetness, leaks or cracks. Repair as needed. Use standard safety procedures and equipment. I hope you have found this information helpful. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance! If you've enjoyed our site and found it useful, consider referring a friend. Thanks for visiting!
Mike
www.engine-light-help.com
** That is incorrect! They are located in front of the gas tank on the driver side mounted to the frame.
http://www.engine-light-help.com/dodge-engine-light.html

Attachments

#464 ·
you have been a help for sure...... but i still dont know what the whooshing diesel sound is , you can only hear it with the windows down and when you drive by other cars and walls or concrete barriers...... and you have to be in the gas to hear it, and i does not do it when the truck is cold...

#465 ·
Welcome to HTC.com 2kleendodge - and congrats on your new Hemi Ram! I would go to the dealer and have the service tech ride with you - so that you both can hear the noise. Keep on them to fix the problem!

#466 ·
2kleendodge

#473 ·
Guess since I've been a member since May I should take the time to post here.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Me...just your typical Georgia guy, married, two kids, work a lot, take care of business. Wife and I both love our 2005 Ram and making it nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.