·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
Mike86

·
Registered
118 Posts
hello folks,
I recently baught a 05' HEMI, and WOW! good times. took a little getting used to (former GM guy). I baught my truck with 29k miles on it,I have been looking into many forums, this i found i like most. what can you guys recommend for a new guy, who baught a used truck? Oil,plugs etc. mainly oil, just ordered a CAI, and intalled Magnaflow/dumped, next is programmer(not sure which yet). Thanks for any input.
Sorry if im in worng post for a question like that..im a noOb :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
LDB! Youll find tons of pages of info regarding just about anything ya need to know. For your programmer, Superchips Flashpaq is gonna be your best bet.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Welcome aboard LDB - we're glad you found us! Ever been to New Hampshire? (LIVE FREE OR DIE) - my home state

Unless your truck came with a complete service history, I'd replace all fluids, plugs, and PCV valve. Take a look at the TB and clean if necessary.

·
Registered
118 Posts
HEY THANKS FELLAS!, yea, cahnging plugs next weekend, TB looks crystal clean, been running castrol 5-20 sythitic, ( mani says 5-20? so i put it) next is rear diff fluid, forgot bout the PCV, ooops, did i mention i love these HEMIs! Would you guys recommend flashpac if i do ALOT of towing? kinda want sumthing i can change without plugin in ya know. anyhow thannks again, real comfort knowing you guys are here.!

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
LDB...your best buy is a Superchips tuner. It may be a plug and play, but it's the best one on the market and works well for towing. It only takes a few minutes to change form the differrent settings, IMHO..if you ever want to change them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all. I am very new to the Hemi scene. I recently purchased an 05 4 door with a hemi. Only had 17,000 miles on it when I signed my life away 3 weeks ago. Leather, sunroof, 20's. Love this truck. What are the typical gains from Superchips ? Alot of great info on this site. Thanks to the creator !

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Welcome aboard CtHemi05 - we're glad you joined us!

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
What's up guys.
I've got a 2004 HEMI Quad Cab 2X4 Laramie that's Flame Red. I've had the truck for almost a year and a half and I've finally got a little cash to throw around for mods. I looked around and found this site to be the most informative for any questions I would ever have. I'm not looking to go insane with this truck, just a nice, street truck that's got a clean look and has a good amount of go. Look forward to talking with you guys!

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Welcome aboard MoparManiac117 - we're glad you found us!

101 - 120 of 563 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.