Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, in march of 2020 i bought a 2019 jeep grand cherokee 5.7. And it now has about 9,000 miles on it. Im looking for more power and i want to start off with a 397 stroker kit. Is that a smart decision on a new engine? By it being a fresh engine will the 397 stroker kit with .020 bore last long?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,593 Posts
Welcome to the HEMI Truck (&SUV) Club Forum. Good to have you here. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Hi Fly, welcome from Wesley Chapel, FL. Our Hemi Truck Club members are always willing to share their experience’s with most everything you will want to do to your pride and joy. Hopefully you will get to meet others in your area who share the love of Hemi powered trucks and SUV’s..

·
Super Moderator
10,603 Posts
Welcome to the HemiTruckClub!! Great to have you as part of our Hemi Family. (y)

·
Administrator
17,784 Posts
Welcome to HTC!
With truck being that new I would wait till warranty is near up unless you don’t care. A 392 or 397 kit will last a hood while issue free. Also simply adding a cam and a tuner and some long tubes to it will wake it up a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to HTC!
With truck being that new I would wait till warranty is near up unless you don’t care. A 392 or 397 kit will last a hood while issue free. Also simply adding a cam and a tuner and some long tubes to it will wake it up a lot.
Yea. Im not worried about the warranty. I also have the texas speed stage 3 cam for boost. And i already have the stroker kit with an install date of march 1st. I just wanted to hear some opinions before i actually get it installed. Thanks alot.

·
Administrator
17,784 Posts
Well then full send it. I have a 392 stroke turbo in my ram with over 100,000 miles all in boost. It has had some issues but the rotating assembly is all the original.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts