Nice truck! Welcome to the Hemi Truck Club!!Thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's good to find guys local for help and not the whims of local shops...haha
So far what Fred and I have discovered about my Hemi...
- Tow Package
- 3.92 gears
- Black leather Interior
- probably more I can't think of...
- Fred believes I have OBX LBs with Y pipe
- Flowmasters muffler (in place of cat), dual out
- Aftermarket 20" wheels with 33" tires
- Some kind of lift
- Aftermarket touchscreen Android with backup camera
- efan not hooked up (going to swap it)
- 180 stat
- AEM Wideband (need to install)
- Possibly TB ported (not sure, pics below)
- Some kind of Diablo tune (tried loading canned tune but got error when downloading stock tune as there was a tune already loaded)
Possible Future Mods:
- CAI (Fred may still have a BFI clone he had made)
- Taurus efan with DC controller
- Ported TB
- Magnaflow muffler (replacing FM)
- Maybe 4.92 gears (unsure if its worth it)
- Jay Greene tune
- CAM (Fred said Spartan is best for mid range power for DD...open to ideas)
- I'm sure there's more I didn't think of or could be recommended.
I don't really plan to run at a track...could change. Lol. I've just always modded my vehicles since I was 17 so its in my nature. Still have to decide to what degree I want to mod.
First goal is obviously getting bolt ons situated. After that its up in there air.
Thx man! Yeah I understand the correlation between tires size and gears. I've got 33" I believe...last time I did the formula. Not sure what size I'll eventually go to but the truck is lifted now so 28"-ers aren't in the future...haha. Once I get the 4.56s done, I'll just make sure the tire size makes sense moving forward.The saying was if you run 31" tire or larger use 4:56. If smaller go 4:10. I found 2100-2400 rpm at cruise was a good window for fuel and drivability. A short gear is fun to drive, but with high horsepower traction is a problem and you may find yourself looking for a taller gear. I use the words short and tall because we Americans often use High gear or low gear ratio to mean the opposite to their meaning. Example we will call a 3:55 gear a High gear ratio when it is actually numerically lower than a 4:56 gear which we refer to as a low gear. If you replace ratio with speed than it makes sense. Making a 3:55 a High speed gear and 4:56 a Low speed gear....
Didn't know that....glad I didn't just get one because everyone's doing it...lolYour stock intake actually gives you more torque so don't sweat that... As long as you're not trying to pump 20 pounds of boost through it you're good...
This may be a good alternative...from what I understand the hemi hat is the main restriction in the stock intake. So eliminate that with a better filter and should help breathing, yes?Can always drop a a Afraid filter into the stock air box. They even make a pipe to eliminate the hemi hat.
How it seems to go...test the market with lower costs then with popularity, jack the prices up...lol.That's the one I was thinking about, but it is more expensive then I remember. Maybe try ebay..