Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

· Greg
20,332 Posts
The recent trend seems to be moving toward .600+ lift and more duration than we did in the past. But IMO anything is a upgrade over stock.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thx for the feedback guys....I've been trying to read more about cams. Still don't understand the spec numbers ... But with a daily driver 4X4 QC, wouldn't low/mid cam like a 260 or Spartan be best?

Seems like 268 or equivalent would place power outside my typical driving.

My only education here is based on threads and advice...so just trying to understand cams better in relation to my use.

Thx for all the help so far 😊

· Gold-Member
4,147 Posts
:welcome-0005a: to HTC :thumb:
And the Florida chapter. Tampa here.:thumb:

· Slow Memeber
5,538 Posts
The recent trend seems to be moving toward .600+ lift and more duration than we did in the past. But IMO anything is a upgrade over stock.
Anyone know the max lift for 6.1 springs?

Also hello from Daytona. I like my comp 260 but for how much the aftermarket has moved forward the pass couple yrs the 260 an sidewinder are consider a very mild cam, but my 260 with the supporting mods made for a peppy little truck.

Tho after running it for 5 yrs I guess it’s time to do something else

· Administrator
18,176 Posts
Yeah if you don’t plan to race it then the 260 would make a little more sense I just like to hear the hemi roar!

Mario not .600 I know that lol. My beehive are good for .610/.620 I think max is what they said

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I can't say I'll never race it...lol...but with 3 little ones, I haven't even been able to exercise my fishing rods in 6 months.

So I guess my main objective for now is to have an aggressive street truck...until I decide to take the next step.

Seeing as Fred has a 260 I could take off his hands, I figured I would at least see if that cam would be worth it for my current needs......or if there's another cam that would be better for the time being.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
I think 6.1 springs are good for .560"..

· Registered
1,210 Posts
260 cam, 6.1 springs, Manley push rods are a nice combo. :thumb::thumb:

You would still feel more out of the truck with 4.56 gears and would work good with the cam combo. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
note that combo Matt...buy stuff here and there so it doesn't hit you all at once..

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
260 cam, 6.1 springs, Manley push rods are a nice combo.

You would still feel more out of the truck with 4.56 gears and would work good with the cam combo.
note that combo Matt...buy stuff here and there so it doesn't hit you all at once..
I'm settled on the gears...just have to gather everything and figure out how to get it on...lol

The cam seems to be a bit more complicated with knowing what cam, what all other pieces, getting everything, then figuring out how to get it done. And hoping its what I'm looking for in performance as to not need another cam swap.

Wish I could just get Keith to do it, but the distance and 3 little ones would force it to be an all at once operation. That would be big $$$...haha

I'd prefer to do it in stages but options are limited currently.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Fred, I really like the look of your truck. It has that badass look.. nice...
12.10 @ 113.96 MPH NA certainly makes a statement..

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Stu called out Manley push rods which are good quality. But oem 6.1 or Trend push rods are also good quality and may be found cheaper.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts