Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum..

· Greg
20,332 Posts
The recent trend seems to be moving toward .600+ lift and more duration than we did in the past. But IMO anything is a upgrade over stock.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
I think 6.1 springs are good for .560"..

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Fred, I really like the look of your truck. It has that badass look.. nice...
12.10 @ 113.96 MPH NA certainly makes a statement..

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Stu called out Manley push rods which are good quality. But oem 6.1 or Trend push rods are also good quality and may be found cheaper.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
The saying was if you run 31" tire or larger use 4:56. If smaller go 4:10. I found 2100-2400 rpm at cruise was a good window for fuel and drivability. A short gear is fun to drive, but with high horsepower traction is a problem and you may find yourself looking for a taller gear. I use the words short and tall because we Americans often use High gear or low gear ratio to mean the opposite to their meaning. Example we will call a 3:55 gear a High gear ratio when it is actually numerically lower than a 4:56 gear which we refer to as a low gear. If you replace ratio with speed than it makes sense. Making a 3:55 a High speed gear and 4:56 a Low speed gear....

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Can always drop a a Afraid filter into the stock air box. They even make a pipe to eliminate the hemi hat.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
That's the one I was thinking about, but it is more expensive then I remember. Maybe try ebay..

· Greg
20,332 Posts
I agree, before I was supercharged I had everything insulated.

Attachments

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Mark, you might take note Fred has had a fast truck for a long time. We can all learn from him, I know I have. With a [email protected]13.96mph makes him quicker than some booste trucks on the forum. Anytime you restrict either air in or exhuast out you will not be making optimal power. We all have favorite parts that we prefer over others, not buying what others use doesn't make money spent a waste. Besides I'm particularly sensitive about wasting money as I find myself doing so often...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts