Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...about a month ago I purchased an 05 Ram Hemi 1500 4X4 with 110k miles.

The previous owner(s) seemed to have done quite a few mods to it as well as it having probably every option package available at the time.

I got to know another 05 ram hemi owner in another forum, Fred (chefred112) and we've discussed his mods and mods I should do...along with learning about everything already done to the truck.

Today he recommended joining this forum since there's a lot of Florida owners here.

Not sure if anyone is in NE Florida, but I live in Jax, about 15 min from Jax Beach.

I've been looking for anyone who knows more about this truck local to me so I can brainstorm about different mod options and maybe eventually do cam install/gears or things outside my abilities.

I've seen FL meet up threads in here but with 2 toddlers and a 3 month old, its difficult to go much further than local to me.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in, introduce myself, and see if any owners are close by.

Matt

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum..

· James
1,504 Posts
Welcome to HTC Matt and to the FL Chapter. There are a few who live up in the NE of FL. Stu, Mark and Mario to name a few. I’m about 2 hours south by KSC. Anything and everything you can dream of, as probably been done by someone, and is posted here. Let us know what your plans are, and we’ll help you spend your money wisely. Have a great day, and welcome aboard.

· Administrator
18,176 Posts
Welcome to HTC and the Florida chapter! Like stated if I can be done someone in Florida has done it. From Cam swaps all the way to custom front mount turbo setups! There are 5/6 people up that way a little south of you but close enough to help and deff bounce ideas off of.

Attachments

· Registered
3,042 Posts
You guys keep stacking up the reasons to move to Fl

These guys(and Gals) down in your area will help you out.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! It's good to find guys local for help and not the whims of local shops...haha

So far what Fred and I have discovered about my Hemi...

Factory Options:
- Tow Package
- 4X4
- 3.92 gears
- Black leather Interior
- QC
- Sprayliner
- Sunroof
- probably more I can't think of...

Current Mods:
- Fred believes I have OBX LBs with Y pipe
- Flowmasters muffler (in place of cat), dual out
- Aftermarket 20" wheels with 33" tires
- Some kind of lift
- Aftermarket touchscreen Android with backup camera
- efan not hooked up (going to swap it)
- 180 stat
- AEM Wideband (need to install)
- Possibly TB ported (not sure, pics below)
- Some kind of Diablo tune (tried loading canned tune but got error when downloading stock tune as there was a tune already loaded)

Possible Future Mods:
- CAI (Fred may still have a BFI clone he had made)
- Taurus efan with DC controller
- Ported TB
- Magnaflow muffler (replacing FM)
- Maybe 4.92 gears (unsure if its worth it)
- Jay Greene tune
- CAM (Fred said Spartan is best for mid range power for DD...open to ideas)
- I'm sure there's more I didn't think of or could be recommended.

I don't really plan to run at a track...could change. Lol. I've just always modded my vehicles since I was 17 so its in my nature. Still have to decide to what degree I want to mod.

First goal is obviously getting bolt ons situated. After that its up in there air.

Attachments

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice list of stuff so far. Just so you know I am a CMR tuner also. A cam, tune and some gears will help get that moving.
Awesome man! I'm new to a lot of this stuff so forgive me if my questions sound elementary...

Do you do custom tunes that I upload via Diablo Predator? Or how does it work?

When I briefly spoke to Jay, he mentioned doing unlimited tunes for 1 cost for bolt ons and then another cost when cams/boost/NOS is added.

Since I already have a mystery tune on the truck, my plan was to leave it as is until I do a few more bolt ons then have him tune and update as needed until I get to deeper mods.

I've been toying with the idea of doing 4.56 gears but through different threads, its hard to conclude. I know with a 4X4 its 2X the work/cost...also I could technically just do rear first. Fred has a set of new 4.56 gears I could get from him. But again, need some advice/insight to make the jump. Apparently the previous guy had the wrong oil in the gears which my mechanic found a lot of metal shavings. He replaced the oil and added extra friction reduction stuff to buy more time but they'll need replacing at some point anyway.

So either gears will go in first then cam, or just straight to cam depending on what I learn from you gurus...lol.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
Hey Matt...glad to see you hear...great to see all the people welcoming you and begin with the advice..like I've said earlier, I feel like I have been out of the game awhile so my knowledge is not as up to date as with everyone here now...if your considering gears, make sure you do both at same time...could jack up a lot of stuff if you forget you did a gear swap and put it in 4x....

Reactions: ric3xrt

· Registered
1,210 Posts
yes, Keith is also a CMR Tuner (Diablo)...like Jay, you would log some 'pids'...send them to Keith/Jay and they would write you a tune...then email it to you...using the laptop connected to your diablo, you upload the tune into the Predator, then connect predator to truck and push the tune in...the predator also has the ability to store multiple tunes so you can go back to a previous tune if you want...you can then take more datalogs to send back and forth as they fine tune the tune...

Reactions: Redtruck-VA

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Fred! I didn't realize Keith (Charged392) was the guy you told me about before...lol. Connecting dots now.

I'd rather do both gears if I can get then done cost efficiently somehow...its outside my scope. I guess I'm looking some pros/cons to see if I should do it....then how to get it done.

Now that I've officially found Keith, I can look into his tuning instead....lol. Keith, do you mind pinging me some details please?

· Registered
1,210 Posts
anyone there have any recommendations on gear shops in Jax? I'll have to check which ones I have so that we can find a potential matching front set.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
...looking around my shed for something and found that cam sitting on the shelf :)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts