Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all - Glad to be here. I am a little concerned about the MPG on my 2019 2500 Big Horn 6.4L. I have only had it for a few days and have not done a longer drive than roughly 80 miles so I know I need to give it more time. I am only seeing 8 - 9.5 MPG. Truck has 38500 miles on it. All research shows an unloaded vehicle averaging about 15 MPG. Anything I should look at?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,685 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the HEMI Truck Club Forum. Enjoy your Ride and the Site.
You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you.
Glad you could join us!

My first thought is to check tire pressure after this winter colder temps. The next thing is to take note of your RPM's.
I have to exceed the speed limit and then slowly back down for the RPM's to settle down with a tranny shift into overdrive.
2500 is a moose. Are you lifted?

·
Super Moderator
10,652 Posts
Welcome to our Hemi Family! (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello and Welcome to the HEMI Truck Club Forum. Enjoy your Ride and the Site.
You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you.
Glad you could join us!

My first thought is to check tire pressure after this winter colder temps. The next thing is to take note of your RPM's.
I have to exceed the speed limit and then slowly back down for the RPM's to settle down with a tranny shift into overdrive.
2500 is a moose. Are you lifted?
Nope. Just stock height

1 - 7 of 7 Posts