Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· James
1,504 Posts
So I google search Ray Evernhand Dodge Ram 1500 to check out the images, and low and behold Charged392's picture is posted several times. Keith, you must have a famous truck. It posted all over the internet:thumb:

· Registered
6 Posts
Here's my 04 1500, ray evernham special edition, does anybody know much about these? I know there not too common and looked online but its hard to find much information on these. I know there not typically lifted, but previous owner put a 6" rancho lift kit. Only other modifications that I have done so far are K&N cai, flowmaster exhaust, 35 nitto terra grapplers, and for those plasti-dip haters please look away as I did dip all the chrome, including toolbox, grille, badges and rims.
I just brought a 2004 Ray Evernham truck, with 24000 miles. Do you know if any of these trucks have gone to Barrett Jackson or mecum auctions ? I have never seen one ? Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts
Looking sharp ! I own a black Ray Evernham #130 with 78,000 miles. If you Google that you can find pictures of mine (black). I believe there are just under 300 made and most are red and rest is black and few are 4x4 like mine.
I know they only made 100 of the red ones! Black ones?? I own a red one 2004 ray Evernham edition with 25,000 miles number 31

· Registered
2004 GTX
79 Posts
I own a 2004 Red Ray Evernham number 031 4X2 with 24500 miles anyone know the value?
Value is what ever you can get, and there are so few documented sales (IE Collectors willing to say what they paid) Problem with those (and the GTX's) is they were specialty None-OEM trucks, unless you have the certificate of authenticity for that truck , it's hard to get over 20k. DCX approached Ray, Petty Enterprises and Bobby Hamilton Racing on Modifying the trucks, DCX wanted to capitalize on the Truck series, and wasn't to particular in what was done to the trucks..
Ray ordered 300 trucks, all QC , there were NO RC trucks that came out of Evernham, Petty Enterprise , I know did a few RC trucks and BHR , declined to get involved, Bobby senior's health issues were our focus at the time.
The Idea was 100 in Red, Black and White, Ray's shop guys did some of assembly work in their off days, but for the most part they were done offsite ,the trucks went out to a local shop for the striping, and the seats were done by a shop in NC, only option were the wheels you could get Chrome or Black, and there was a difference between them. the Chrome wheel was a six spoke type and the Black wheel and had six U shape holes the idea was an alum nascar looking wheel.
I was working for Bobby Hamilton Racing at the time, and had some friends that worked for Ray.
I did see a few Patriot blue trucks. There was a Petty like Blue truck there once, I was told it was a special order for an over sees customer, truck was then shipped of to Germany. Evernham also did SRT10 trucks with the same front seats and stripe, the Hemi's were "filler" sale there passion was the SRT10s......Misplaced passion if you ask me.

I've seen 51 for sale over the last 14 years, mostly I'd say it's a 75/25 split between Red and Black , 14 in a 100 mile radius of Allentown, I've had 6 go through my hands, 2 Black, 4 Red, both black trucks were 4x2 and 3 red trucks were 4x4. I would say on average the ones that sell with in a month are about 15% over comparable local trucks, I know of a Black 4x4 that is perfect, not even brush scratch marks on it...... less then 5kmiles, original owner and will not consider anything under 55k....he's also not trying to unload it.

Last one I sold was a Red 4x4, sold it this past June, low 9900 mile, one owner truck , very well kept truck, considering the owner was a heavy smoker, the 545 trans took a dump at 75XX miles, back in 05, it sat for a year while him and Evernham went back in-fourth on warranty, I don't know the particulars , I just know trans was replaced in 2007, the son put 2k+ miles on it while the father was dealing with Health issues, it showed up on Craigslist in March for $4500, I sent it out for detailing, had my oldest son's shop fix some odds and ends, Needed brake lines, original exhaust manifolds were cracked , exhaust was falling off, pipes were good the rubber hangers were crap. and the spare tire cable was rusted to the point that I was surprised the tire hadn't fallen off but yet the frame was still all black.... slapped 25k price tag on it, sold it for 19k to collector in NH, keep in mind I had every piece of paper for that truck, I had window sticker, Evernham Motorsports sale paper work and C.O.A that came with the truck.

Now the 1st red one I had , I bought for 10k in early 2016, was a 110k mile truck, sold new to a family in Kentucky , came up here to Scranton Pa ....didn't like our winters, bed , back of the cab tailgate all needed repair, repainted the truck, had the stripes painted on, sat on that one till Sep 2017, 120k on it when I sold it for 10k to a guy here outside Pottstown and he's used it as a plow truck ever since, last time it came through my kids shop for PA inspection, the poor thing looks like it came out of Upper NY..soooo much rot ,soooo little Dodge left.

so as for Value , what ever a comparable truck is in your area, Mileage/Shape/Condition, I'd add 15% to that average price, keep in mind 90% of those who buy a 3rd Gen Dodge are only buying it to have a truck, the DIE hard I want a Unique Dodge Ram truck people pay out the nose for Rumble Bee's are reasonable with Daytona's and very skeptical of the other offerings. .

Just my .02 worth

21 - 31 of 31 Posts