Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up the truck last night. I'm a longtime Ford Truck guy, but the 5.7L Hemi lured me over. I can really tell the seat-of-the-pants difference from the 5.4 (still a great engine though). This truck has the AWD/4Hi/4Lo option. Seems to work great, but are there any known problems/issues with this drivetrain setup? The truck has 42K, but so far looks and drives as new.
The window sticker rated the milage at 13-17. I can live with that, but the overhead computer is so far showing me like 8-9 with moderate driving (I reset it after we bought it, so it wasn't the lead-foot test driving). I didn't buy it as an economy car, but yikes! Is this what to expect?
One more newbie question - I declined a 4-year bumper-to-bumper extended warranty ($2790). I still have the option to take it, but my previous experience has been that I never use it. I do get a 7/70 powertrain warranty that transferred over. Whaddyy'all think?

Thanks and glad to be here! I'll post pix ASAP.

- Glynn

·
Registered
7,098 Posts
I've not noticed any posts about drivetrain problems with your setup, and don't trust the overhead computer for accuracy, be sure to figure the mileage yourself with a calculator.

Other than that, be sure to stock up on your favorite beverage and be prepared to do a lot of reading in these forums and you'll pretty much find all the info your looking for.

Oh, and one more thing...

Pup

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Glynn

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts

·
Registered
12,588 Posts