Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked her up this evening, 2014 800r renegade, added rims and tires and ordered a hmf muffler.now have 4 bikes and a skidoo stashed away between me and my dad, so many decisions haha.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Sweet :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
nice

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only got a little quick test run last nite....different kinda power than the sportsman xp...comes on difference and the clutch engages almost instantly and then proceeds to dig 2 holes to china haha...40 mph felt instant lol...heading back home tonite so ill rack a few miles for the long weekend.hardest thing to get used to now is separate brake levers.

·
Administrator
17,866 Posts
I have a vinson 500 the renegade is a bit over engineered if you ask me do you plan on lifting it at all just got my vinson running again after 3 yrs sitting

Attachments

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet..is that lug gear tires? never see them much....im not going to lift it, with the 27" tires i have lots of ground clearence...over the last 3 days i put on 11 hours and 290 kms...lots of seat time haha...animal in the mud, and acceleration is awesome, pulls so hard, i can only imagine how it would be broken in with stock tiny/lightweight tires and rims. toped off at 81mph , break in should be over now and im due for my first service at 10-15 hrs.mods in the near future are a set of over fenders ( extremely messy bike) hand guards , news bulbs ( projectors are awesome with stock bulbs but i want more) and then looking into a clutch kit to compensate for the larger tires. i dont mud hardcore mainly trail and makein my own way type of rideing. lol

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
muffler should also be here by the end of sept.

·
Administrator
17,866 Posts
Yeah best mud tire out if you ask me I can't tell you how many times I have driven right past countless guys stuck because there tread filled up the lug gear is self cleaning soon as it comes out of mud it all flys off unlike most every other once packed full its like a giant slick no good for mudding

I still need a muffler and clutch myself too

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im thinking i may just get away with a spring swap, hopefully.

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah this thing isnt much of a work horse lol...sure is fun. my uncle has a older gator, muct have paid for its self 20 times over by now.

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Sweet. I need a toy like that. To much work and not enough play.:thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts