Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KEN
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the 2019's . The Longhorn and the Limited come with the option 20 inch wheels or 22 inch wheel. I need the good and bad of the two. I have 20's on the 2012 never had anything with 22 inch wheels. I know there will be a difference in price of tires when buying,,but how about handling,riding,steering,,and on an on I could go,,need some info guys. Thanks

·
Mark G Senior Member
1,935 Posts
I can tell you this that generally the shorter the sidewall the rougher the ride... I know that's not much info and you probably already know that... Good luck... PS you're going to enjoy the new truck that's for sure.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Ken you know my '05 - have run SRT10's forever with 305/45/R22's - I wouldn't trade for anything as you already know... The SRT10 / 22's are 10" wide but I'm not sure what width the newer RAMS with 22's have...the newer trucks will definitely ride better IMO than mine especially since I stiffened it up with an oversize sway bar and Bilsteins. Get what appeals to your eye - the differences in tire prices and ride are insignificant in my opinion when spending $$$'s on a new top-of-the-line truck :coolsmiley:.

:dance::thumb:

·
Administrator
17,872 Posts
22” tires little more money and a little rougher ride. 20” tires very common now and a little softer ride than 22”.

·
David
2,232 Posts
The ride comfort will depend on the side wall. Most likely the 20" will have more sidewall which will give a slightly smoother ride. I bet if you test drove 2 trucks, 1 with 20's and 1 with 22's wouldn't feel a difference. 20" and 22" are both very popular tires so there isn't a big difference in price. Get the one that looks better to you.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
The ride comfort will depend on the side wall. Most likely the 20" will have more sidewall which will give a slightly smoother ride. I bet if you test drove 2 trucks, 1 with 20's and 1 with 22's wouldn't feel a difference. 20" and 22" are both very popular tires so there isn't a big difference in price. Get the one that looks better to you.
------------------------------------
:exactly:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts