Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if any of you will be able to catch the broadcast, but on the 17th of July my son and his honor choir will be singing the National Anthem at the St. Louis Cardinal's baseball game!
I have 4 tickets for sale if anybody wants one - $10 each! They have to sell 300 tickets to be able to do it, so it is going for a good cause guys! There are 30 kids, and they each were given 10 tickets to sell, so if I get more than 4 people wanting them, I will contact his choir leader and ask for some more.

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
That's great, Duane! I'll try to catch it.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Congrats Duane! Tell your son we're all proud of him

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
wish i could go! post a vid if you can get one! and tell your son thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duane,
That is going to be a tremendous occasion.
You better sew some extra buttons on your shirt and wear an extra big hat.
My oldest Daughter ( an accomplished singer, has her own band ) had the honor of singing
the National Anthem three years in a row at White Sox Park. She even sang the Canadian anthem as the Sox were playing whatever Canadian team on one of the nights.
If it's anything like the Sox do, they will make a tape & photographs for the group.

Here's a couple of shots of my Christina at Sox Park.

I would be happy to pay for two of those tickets. You can just keep them and take someone to the ball game. I'd come down but as you know the Ohio GTG is right after that date.

Gotta use my gas money to go in the other direction. Best regards to the group.
GDN1 John D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you guys! Especially Hemi-Ogre! I appreciate the support! I sent you a PM. I will use those to take some of the local kids to the game!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
By the way, I would appreciate it very much if someone can record it on a DVD for me...PLEASE. Can't record it and be there at the same time...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Duane,
have someone inquire ahead of time if the Cards are going to tape the group.
My daughter's performances were pre-empted
( Not Shown )
Not sure, but I think if the performers are not celebs with Screen Actors Guild Cards they will not show them on TV.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Thats awesome Bro. Must be a great feeling for all of you. A local guy that graduated from HS plays for the Cards. Aaron Miles, he is my age, but we went to different High Schools.

KB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats awesome duane, please, please, dont forget to remind us on the date or week before of this event.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
quote:Aaron Miles, he is my age, but we went to different High Schools.
Sweet! Maybe the kids will get to meet him at the game! Thanks guys....

quote:thats awesome duane, please, please, dont forget to remind us on the date or week before of this event.
I'll try to post something on here the day of the event to help remind you guys...

Now on a personal note, I want to publicly thank Getdanet1 for his donation. He sent me a paypal for two tickets that he told me to use to take someone else to the event, so I am going to talk to my next door neighbor and see if they will let their two boys go, since they like to play together. Getdanet1, I am going to send you something buddy for your gift! THANK YOU very much!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts