Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to make this happen. I've got all the connections made on the harnesses.

Does anyone know what this is for? With that audio jack, I'm hoping it's for the uConnect. But I'm thinking it's probably for the factory navigation if equipped. I haven't opened my dash yet so I'm hoping there is something to plug that black adapter into. If so I'll put that audio jack in my mic-in plug on the head unit and see if the uConnect will work.

If not, does anyone know if I can hook the power and ground wires of my Bluetooth kit into the battery and ground wires of my harnesses? The Bluetooth manual says it needs power regardless of ignition position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still gotta get the camera to the outside and into some power somewhere.

Also, the uConnect did not work. So I'm not sure what the adapter with the audio plug is for. I'm guessing something to do with voice on factory navigation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted the phone to work with the Bluetooth. But it's no big deal. I went ahead and put the Pioneer Bluetooth kit in.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All done. Well...almost. Still got some taping and zip tying to do in the morning. The camera has a pretty good picture at night.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Nice Job!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. The $130 harness helped a lot. I still don't think it's worth anywhere close to that since it doesn't let uConnect or factory satellite radio work. But I guess it's better than splicing into the canbus.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I've been trying to get some pictures on this thing to use as backgrounds. I've tied the SD slot and burning to a CD. The unit sees the files and shows the name, but doesn't show the picture, on both formats. I've tried resizing some to smaller resolution to match that of the screen. No luck. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem solved. I went ahead and did a bypass relay and that solved it. I got this off the Internet. Maybe it will help someone with this or a different unit. I got the relay at RadioShack for $7.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I've been playing around with the App mode. I bought MotionX GPS Drive. Displays full screen on the radio, still streams Pandora and lowers volume so the sexy British woman can tell me what to do.

·
Registered
316 Posts
good job with the App's I haven't even messed with that yet, I got a Bypass wire as well so I could get passed that "VehicleIn Motion" screen.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love it so far. Can't believe I never took the time to do it when I had it in my last truck.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So does anybody have any recommendations on how to get speaker wire through the flexible hose that the other wires are run through to the doors? I can't see a way to get to them where they come in the cab.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got all the speaker wire done today. Next up is a capacitor. Anybody know what size I should get? I'm running two P3S 10s on a P400-1 and the headlights only flicker on a few songs so far.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just thought I'd give an update on how I go the speaker wire to the doors. I didn't take pictures, though. The driver door was the most difficult. I used the the plug that the rubber flex hose connects to on all the doors except the driver. The two rear doors are the easiest, you can access them directly just by taking the plastic piece off the pillars. The passenger door was relatively easy as well, only half of the plug is used by a factory harness, so I fed the wire through there into the rubber flex hose. The driver door uses both sides of the plastic piece for factory harnesses, so I ran the speaker wire through a small rubber piece below it, then just cut a tiny slit in the rubber flex and got the speaker wire into the door that way. On all the doors, there are two screws holding the rubber hose to the door, I took those off. I took off the white plastic pieces on the back of it and used a coat hanger to fish the wire through the hose. All in all, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Just time consuming.

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
nice job , love those hu's but i just cant part the with facotry one lol

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I wanted a factory one. I was willing to trade my whole setup (head unit, camera, and Bluetooth) for a factory non-navigation touchscreen. Ultimately, I'm glad I didn't find someone willing. The app mode on the unit lets me display navigation from a GPS app on my phone, and still play music. The only downside is I have to control it all from the phone when I do that. But being able to play and control Pandora from the unit, the easy iPod/iPhone integration, automatically switches to Bluetooth if I use Siri (uConnect did not do that)...lots of little things make me glad I went this route.

The only thing I don't like is the dash kit pieces on the side. This spring when it warms up I'm going to paint my dash and some other pieces, so I may try to fill those in. I'm not sure if I want to attempt it or not, though.

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
still looks good tho man, seen on another forum a dude had an ipad integrated into his dash, that was pretty sweet, the the factory stereo hid away somewhere

1 - 20 of 25 Posts