·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Thanks for the info by state breakdown Jay - good to know

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
NY was difficult to say the least.

What a world of difference when we moved to TN..
Our NY permits were valid here for 6 months, but we had ours in about 5 weeks.

And we can open carry if we wish...no restrictions except the usual Federal Bldgs, schools, ect.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Not to difficult to obtain an IN permit. Mine expired on me and when I renewed it in '07 I paid $125 for a lifetime.

·
Gary
904 Posts
As a retired ny city cop they make me qualify at a range every year so i can carry in any state because of H.R.218 safety act

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Here's a true story. When I was waiting to pick up my CC card in Memphis a guy I was talking to was there to get his too. Turned out he was a policeman in one of the local small communities. I asked if he was allowed to carry his service pistol when off duty without a permit. He said he was, but the reason he needed the CC permit was so his fanny was covered if he had to go to his backup pistol while on duty. His department only issued the one pistol and the backup was his. The department wouldn't back him up if he had to use his backup pistol. That has to be about the craziest thing I ever heard!!!

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
Originally posted by HemiByrd:
Here's a true story. When I was waiting to pick up my CC card in Memphis a guy I was talking to was there to get his too. Turned out he was a policeman in one of the local small communities. I asked if he was allowed to carry his service pistol when off duty without a permit. He said he was, but the reason he needed the CC permit was so his fanny was covered if he had to go to his backup pistol while on duty. His department only issued the one pistol and the backup was his. The department wouldn't back him up if he had to use his backup pistol. That has to be about the craziest thing I ever heard!!!
That's the way it is with federal LEO's, and it's not crazy once pondered. LEO's train and qualify with their duty weapons, as well as with other special weapons they may be required to use. This means that they all have a very high level of proficiency with these weapons, Agencies do not have the time and resources to train and qualify everyone with every weapon they may possess.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

works well in most other states also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts