Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m 95% done on my stroker build and now have to realize that my nv3500 probably won’t last long behind it
Would a nv4500 be a worthwhile swap, or does anyone know any good ways to beef up the 3500
I cannot find any srt-10 t56 for sale for less then 6k and really don’t feel like spending that
Id like to stay manual if anyone can think of any other easy trans to swap to

· Registered
2004 GTX
79 Posts
the NV4500 will take a certain amount of punishment, diesel guys get them to live behind mild build ups, they'll take more TQ then a 90% of most 390-426CI gas engine can make(NA) but the shifts are a performance Killer.

My sons shop installed a 730HP 396ci 5.7 in to a 2014 challenger.....NV4500 will not live behind that one.

It doesn't need to be a SRT10 T-56, granted it makes a lot of things easier. The T56 that was behind my 468 was an LS-T56 with both Input and out put shafts upgraded.

Look for a GTO/Mustang box sometimes you can find them in the low 1500s, that fore mentioned Challenger he was going to craigslist it for $1200 , we gave him 1k off the bill for the trans. Part of me doesn't like to say this , but with some economic "hardships" happen around the country there will be deals popping up ...just have to be quick and" cash fluid"

there's more of a Bellhousing selection then when my X was done , I've been trolling Ebay off and on for a few months now, bought a Quicktime 8074 (SBM-T56) for $350 "used" never used just to have for the next project.
My daughter just did her daily driver 04 Bee, total coast was $3300, bought a used C5 T56, that needed a rebuild for 1k , another $1500 for Tail housing input and output shafts and small parts $500 for Alum bell , rest was hydraulic clutch parts. Now we had spare Driveshaft/Flywheel/clutch disk and pressure plate from her "Track Bee" I would guess that would add another 1k-1.5k
Hardest part of rebuilding one of those T56s are some of the odd ball tools.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts