Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with Mike, and Wade last night at Dallas Raceway. My truck had never been down a 1/4 mile track, and took the opportunity to set some base line times.

So, these are nothing to brag about... but i was proud of the ol' girl... 112K mile stock block QC, Diablo 93 modified tune (+4 advance), long tubes, cat delete resonators, y-pipe, 3" single in/out magnaflow, 3.92s... on 22s!

Removed heavy bed cover, spare, tailgate... pretty much street weight @ 5250lbs (with me in it)

So, here's the slips. For baseline purposes, and to tell how each new mod going forward helps the times (or hurts), the DA corrected times will remove the "atmosphere" variables.

DA: 2289
Corrected 1/8 ET: 9.3
Corrected 1/8 MPH: 73
Corrected 1/4 ET: 14.56
Corrected 1/4 MPH: 92.17

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Met up with Mike, and Wade last night at Dallas Raceway. My truck had never been down a 1/4 mile track, and took the opportunity to set some base line times.

So, these are nothing to brag about... but i was proud of the ol' girl... 112K mile stock block QC, Diablo 93 modified tune (+4 advance), long tubes, cat delete resonators, y-pipe, 3" single in/out magnaflow, 3.92s... on 22s!

Removed heavy bed cover, spare, tailgate... pretty much street weight @ 5250lbs (with me in it)

So, here's the slips. For baseline purposes, and to tell how each new mod going forward helps the times (or hurts), the DA corrected times will remove the "atmosphere" variables.

DA: 2289
Corrected 1/8 ET: 9.3
Corrected 1/8 MPH: 73
Corrected 1/4 ET: 14.56
Corrected 1/4 MPH: 92.17

Attachments

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And now the build begins.

Spartan Cam 214/218 duration on a 112 LSA with 4 degrees advance, .556/.565 lift. (Thanks Michael!)

Short list order:
Wideband, 6.1 springs, and pushrods, cam and crank bolt.

Future list: Caltracs, DRs, Cutouts, Diet Plan.

NOTE: if anyone has any of these things, please send me a PM!

Attachments

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Do you want this thread in the DIY section?

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
any plans for a higher stall tq converter?
i'll be watching this one

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Whats the conversion for the DA correction? i wouldn't mind knowing what my truck would run in California or Georgia instead of up here in the mountains

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Way to go Phil, those are some nice times for the mods you got!
You need to put 4.56s on your short list order!

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you want this thread in the DIY section?
there will be multiple "DIY" articles spawn off of this build... i think doing one per mod will make it easier to understand in the DIY section.. and then a link back to this thread to see the bigger picture.

any plans for a higher stall tq converter?
i'll be watching this one
Higher stall is on the next page of the long list... it would obviously benefit the launch of these heavy QCs.

is the diet for you or truck?
both
Will be looking at what can be removed, and not effect the trucks "everyday" usability. Goal is 4800-4900lbs (without me in it @ 200lbs). That shouldn't be too hard. Just switching to lighter 17s or 18s will drop almost 200lbs.

Whats the conversion for the DA correction?
The one i use.
And here is a good explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_altitude

Way to go Phil, those are some nice times for the mods you got!
You need to put 4.56s on your short list order!
Thanks Mike! The goal is 13s by fall... maybe
4.56s may be on the list.. but have read some post about a lot of guys going back to 4.10s (mostly RCs). Short DRs will net a better gear ratio for the track... and keeping the 3.92s/22 wheel combo will let me retain decent highway MPG.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Sweet! that got me into the 14's

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Short list complete.

6.1 springs and pushrods, SRT Gauge pod, and an AEM wideband. (Thanks Kooch)

Wideband with mount will go in tomorrow (time permitting), with a "how-to".

After that... start arranging for a base custom Diablo tune (so the cam can at least be driven home)... then call in on my buddy "IOU's" for a cam/spring install day... and you know who you are.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wideband Install = CHECK

NOTE: guys running a diablo canned 93 tune, with long tubes... my AFR at WOT is WAYYYY rich. 10.8-11.1 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'll be working on that a little this weekend, to get them up to 12.3-12.5ish.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by madcat:
my AFR at WOT is WAYYYY rich. 10.8-11.1 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'll be working on that a little this weekend, to get them up to 12.3-12.5ish.
DAMN

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by madcat:
Wideband Install = CHECK

NOTE: guys running a diablo canned 93 tune, with long tubes... my AFR at WOT is WAYYYY rich. 10.8-11.1 in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'll be working on that a little this weekend, to get them up to 12.3-12.5ish.
i need to get all my crap installed and hit the track. my last 8th mile before my DSP was a 9.25 on a good fall night with 3.55s and 20s. i'm hoping to make a good jump into the 8s. i ordered the srt 10 gauge pillar to put my db 1 gauge into

phil when are you doing that cam? i want to watch! i'm not very handy or else i would say i would help but maybe i can get you beers while you work

·
Registered
118 Posts
i want to try to start piecing all my cam stuff together stuff so i can do that this year. as lame as it sounds my main reason for wanting to do a cam is a reason to replace my weak 2003 valve springs. i already know what cam i am going with and it will be custom ground

1 - 20 of 71 Posts