Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new intake manifold today, it runs awesome with this on, should have made this when they first started making these engines, I have so much room now...

Attachments

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just installed my new intake manifold today, it runs awesome with this on, should have made this when they first started making these engines, I have so much room now...

·
Registered
97 Posts
good job Kenneth!, looks nice & I know you'll like how it wakes up your motor, did you change out that short piece of hose that went from the water pump(top) to the manifold? I did when i installed mine, didnt even know it was under there until I removed the old Beer Barrel! Anyways , I cant wait till our next gtg at the track to see how she runs!

Eddie

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no but we had to get a new retainer that was in the kit which we didn't get. I didn't tell my dad, and we didn't think about it till today so we drove down to swift dodge to get it, and it was close to the price of the installation kit. I guess that is really expensive. it was nice that my dad got a good deal. got it for 48, with tax was 52 or something, but it was originally 64.00! so we got that, made spacers, and got bolts, and everything worked out great. So when we meet for the car show, I can show it off. ttyl brutha!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Way to go Kenneth, that is one massive intake. What typoe of differences did you notice. Better torque on the bottom end? Do tell.

Kenneth got your message, I will order your filter tomorrow at work.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice, thank you for doing the order, my truck will look very nice in two weeks with that bright new filter on my cold air intake. for my new intake manifold, I noticed more top end, more pull! when starting, it doesn't idle as high when started, also when driving around, I would notice that when you would get off the gas it would go back faster, because in the barrell, air would be still flowing around so it would idle slower, so it might help performance and MPG. We will just have to see. I feel like now I will have to watch my foot more now...

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
nice kenneth...you might want to consider a couple things that we did on Ed's...we shaved off all the little walls of the throttle body, this supposedly makes airflow smoother coming it...OR, get a bigger tb..which Ed eventually did... (Holley)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe later I can get a new one, but maybe the shaving will work for now, thanks for the info

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Money is kinda tight right now, can you explain by shaving it

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybe by May, I can get a better throttle body, any particular place I should look for one, looks like Fastman and Holley make one, looks like fast man is my best choice right now

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello again Kenneth,

When I did my M1 install I shopped around for a new TB and found 3 possible options.
1. Fastman TB's
2. F&B TB's
3. Holley
Holley fit my budget better and compared fairly well to the others, Fastman wanted a core sent first and was too steep for me, F&B I thought was the best part but was just too steep as well, so Holley it was and I have no complaints. I bought the 52 mm Holley cuz of my cam install(wanted more cfm air flow) I hope this info helps, and if u like I have my stock one available for u to core or just try out, ur more than welcome to it, maybe shave it some more

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where did you go to get your holley TB?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Summitracing.com and it was sent a day later!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah eddie, that core that you have, my dad and i might try out, or keep to race with, and then switch to my regular one when Im in the city, and I will probably get a Holley one when I build up my money again. I need to recover from my M1 intake... which was totally a great buy! but thanks for all of your help

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if that is okay with you, and my dad and I will be there next weekend, can't wait to wash mine, its soooo dirty from this wind, I hate this weather, I would rather have rain than this...

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
..man Kenneth, when you had that motor apart..you coulda kept goin and install some Harlan Sharp rockers and a cam..hehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts