Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I install new crank in my 2011 5.7 hemi put the motor back in changed my cam, crank and my coolant temp sensor it starts up but idles rough getting codes for misfire #3 cylinder and no acceleration pedal I thinks it in limp mode but don’t know why

·
Super Moderator
10,724 Posts
Welcome to our Hemi Family!! (y)

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
Since it started, it can be assumed you have the correct tone ring installed. New sensors I have found to be problematic. I would install the old sensors if not physically damaged.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since it started, it can be assumed you have the correct tone ring installed. New sensors I have found to be problematic. I would install the old sensors if not physically damaged.
I changed sensors cuz I getting codes for them now I’m getting misfire on #3 and #8 and no acceleration pedal

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
I would swap coils to see if the misfire follows the coils. Generally a misfire won't give a dead pedal. Check the TB plug for bent pins or damaged wire.

Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would swap coils to see if the misfire follows the coils. Generally a misfire won't give a dead pedal. Check the TB plug for bent pins or damaged wire.
I did switch coils and plugs did not follow then changed injector still misfire. I did check for bent pins all good there. Now if the truck is in limp mode would that cause misfire.

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
I did switch coils and plugs did not follow then changed injector still misfire. I did check for bent pins all good there. Now if the truck is in limp mode would that cause misfire.
I don't think so, a miss is detected by a sudden change in engine rpm and the cam sensor tells which cylinder initiated the change. I would next measure voltage on the electrical connectors for each side of the engine. There should be 12v present for a few seconds when key is first turned on. Fuel pump will also run at the same time. Do the spark plugs look normal? Then do compression check.

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Did you have valve covers off and rockers rods out at any point? If so make sure push rods are all seated correctly

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have valve covers off and rockers rods out at any point? If so make sure push rods are all seated correctly
I didn’t have them out I read something about a egr but on my 2011 I can’t seem to find the location of it

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
2011 does not have egr. Pull covers and have a look in there something may be off. Why did you change the crank to start?

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
Nothing got bent when this happened I hope.
So if you have moved the injector, coil and plug and issue still in the same hole/s then you have to have a mechanical issue most likely. Pull valve covers off and inspect the valve train. Dissconnect fuel and have someone crank engine and watch rockers on 3/8 make sure they have full movement. Cam and lifters may have missing or damaged lobes.

·
Greg
20,008 Posts
Compression check will also yield information on cylinder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts