Hemi Truck Club banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

· Registered
484 Posts
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
Originally posted by charged392:
The reason I said late 04 is due to the fuel pump sender hat you can do all the same stuff the only diff will really be just the way you connect your pump output lines to the hat I believe yours looks like stu's with a big silver filter/regulator on top other than that the rest is the same
Gotcha, I have a 05 unit installed (58psi)and want to have the ability to regulate the pressure down a little so my trim isn't working so hard to maintain A/F. I'm not making big HP but just want to maintain steady pressure from idle to WOT. Higher pump pressure regulated to lower set point should hold down the fluctuations. Stock 05 pump with larger lines I'm thinking should provide plenty of fuel for what I'm running. The guage will tell whether I'm good or not.
The actual pumps are all the same for '03-'05 and probably up to '08. My original '03 pump at 48 psi had no problem maintaining steady pressure with 54# injectors at approximately 500hp (crank). This was 8#s boost on a completely stock 5.7L.

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
That's the limit for sure with the factory pump for sure frostking I ran 6-8 on stock eng all day but with the cams stroker and higher boost the factory pump just doesn't suffice

· Slow Memeber
5,538 Posts
Originally posted by Redtruck-VA:
Originally posted by 04sthemi:
wish i had a late 04
Nice write up Keith!
Mario, I'm curious, why are you saying that?
Ive had a couple little limiting things due to the truck being an 04 an not an 05 like with trans tuning w/ diablo an a tb i prob would of picked up if i had the newer 805 style one. I still love the 04 lol. Hope to make it out Sunday Keith to see it

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well been about a week or so now absolutely no leaks and runs great I have the regulator set at 64 vacuum unhooked 58 vacuum hooked up and whe I go into boost it goes up to 70-76 with boost 1:1 increase as it come on I had to load back five fuel tunes to correct the overflow of fuel from my old tunes (didn't know I was that low on head psi) but now need to fine tune a little with white lighting and Trying to find a dyno open Sunday in Florida if possible only day off to see what's she makes to the tire anyone think they can ball park te est hp numbers to tire

Completely stock truck 5psi made 410hp 415 tq to tire higher than expected for sure

Now fully forged and balanced 6.4 custom cam Slightly bigger than a comp 272 4.56 heard 3500 stall edge converter and a stage 3 trans and 10-12psi I am est 600 or more to tire (being optimistic )

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just an update been running the system not for a decent amount of time even got down to 12.17 1/4 with fuel improvements one thing I noticed is below 1/8 tank if I stab it I starve for fuel the pump pulls it out of the basket faster than it fills it up may try and route my return tube to drain into the basket later on for daily driving no issues at all at the track I run a 1/4 tank and it works perfectly

· Registered
197 Posts
ill have to use your how to on an 09, we have done a 370 stroker, blower cam, magnison lung, all the typical bolt ons and just added nitrous. (150 shot) we have maxed out the blower at 11 PSI (smallest pulley they make) and we are at 520RWHP and 545TQ, (no nitrous) the motor is starving for fuel, and its not due to the pump we upgraded it already. the fuel lines are too small. but since we already have aftermarket fuel rails, we will need to go slightly different than what you have done. we will need to tee off the back of both rails, on the supply side and then t the fronts out to a regulator. and then back to the tank. we will be puting the return line in the basket as even with the pump we have now, and the fuel lines, it will.do as you said and cut out when the tank gets low. im actually thinking about fabing up a new basket so that it will eliminate this.

· Registered
247 Posts
great "how to" write-up, Keith!!

haven't been in the "tips-n-tricks" section of HTC for a while. just saw this.

· Gold-Member
4,147 Posts
Great write up. Lots of detail and the pictures are very helpful too. Not sure i I need to go this far yet. But I saved to fav's just in case. Thx :thumb::thumb:

· Greg
20,332 Posts
I haven't read this thread for a long time and built my system using it as a guide. But I believe the feed side now being used is -8N with the return still -6N. I haven't needed to upgrade. -6N feed @ 60psi and SRT4 stage 1 injectors have served me well.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
That sounds like a bad relay. Change relay.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
I have my feed wire going through a circuit breaker first then the relay then a fuse going to the pump.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
My fuel pump is set up that way too. Getting direct main power (12 gauge wire) form the battery. I spliced into the oem fuel pump power supply to operate the relay.
Yep, thats how i have mine. The relay draws very low current to operate. A 40a relay should have no problem handling it.

· Mark G Senior Member
05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,194 Posts
Are you running anything through the pump or you just letting it run in the air ?

41 - 60 of 75 Posts