Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
setup should look something like this depending on where you install the regulator the line running down may go up and over the brake master i did not have enough hose to do it that way which is why i added 5' to parts list to make sure anyone else would

Attachments

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
next take remaing section of line put an end on it tighten to back of drivers side feed line down and out toward side of truck away from exhaust and to opposite end of filter measure cut and install end. now go back and thighten all fittings from filter on up making sure to hold fittings when tightening will move when almost tight and flex line possibly causing it to loosen at a later date once done cycle key and check for leaks and adjusting regulator to 58 psi with no vacuum on regulator line. on our trucks you dont need to even hook the vacuum line up a steady 58 is what the factory setup does anyhow if your boosted like me the regulator i have has a 1:1 line psi increase so i am using mine for that hopefully all is good no leaks at this point

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
this fuel setup when added up saved me around $200-300 i did the entire setup in my drive way about 5 hrs total between brainstorming and figuring out the best setup to use and how to run it but i can deffinatly say -6 and a 400lph can fuel most anything i will ever see in this truck in fact my old tune wont work at all now becasue we were trying to fuel the eng by increasing the dutycyle of injectors for the longest time i had no psi guage so i didnt know it was starving now that i can see psi and it holds steady wot it runs so rich i cant stomp it anymore i have to load older tunes with less injector drive in them and it should run nice but overall vey happy with this setup it works great and i did it myself custom just like everything else on this truck.

well good luck anyone who wishes to try there hand at a custom fuel setup anyquestions about anything i did or may have missed just ask.

Have fun

· Board of Directors (Jay)
7,064 Posts

· Registered
6,340 Posts
Great write-up and pics!

If you don't mind - I'd like to move this to "Tips, Tricks, and install instructions" and make it a sticky

· Registered
835 Posts
Awesome Keith! Glad those rails worked out for you.
Setup.is very similar to mine....except I didn't do it lol props to you!

· Registered
484 Posts
Looks great! Another option is to braze an AN fitting onto the end of each rail. This could have been done once on each rail, unlike my picture.

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Well done, I can see this is going to be something I want to do.
Edit: This regulator has three outlets and a 30-60psi range that should make it accurate.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TFS-27001/

Maybe a setup with separate feeds to each rail and the third outlet for a pressure gauge.

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I thought about the brazing idea but most people including me don't have access to or know how to do that correctly so I opted for a way everyone can do it without brazing

Mrhemi you can make it a sticky I just didn't know where to put it at for sure

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Originally posted by 04sthemi:
wish i had a late 04
Nice write up Keith!
Mario, I'm curious, why are you saying that?

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The reason I said late 04 is due to the fuel pump sender hat you can do all the same stuff the only diff will really be just the way you connect your pump output lines to the hat I believe yours looks like stu's with a big silver filter/regulator on top other than that the rest is the same

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Originally posted by charged392:
The reason I said late 04 is due to the fuel pump sender hat you can do all the same stuff the only diff will really be just the way you connect your pump output lines to the hat I believe yours looks like stu's with a big silver filter/regulator on top other than that the rest is the same
Gotcha, I have a 05 unit installed (58psi)and want to have the ability to regulate the pressure down a little so my trim isn't working so hard to maintain A/F. I'm not making big HP but just want to maintain steady pressure from idle to WOT. Higher pump pressure regulated to lower set point should hold down the fluctuations. Stock 05 pump with larger lines I'm thinking should provide plenty of fuel for what I'm running. The guage will tell whether I'm good or not.

· Administrator
18,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I would say a 10psi increase is good and the 2005 pump is a rotary vane style pump just like the 400lph blade setup just a lot less volume but that mod alone for you is likely enough fuel for I would say cam headers maybe some heads and a decent tune if boosted or low spray I would say a 255 if you do a stroker or high nitrous/boost a 400lph would be good

One thing could be to add a regulator and set it at 58 with no vacuum applied and when you connect it should drop down 5-8 psi more near your original psi you would have to bypass the I tank setup

· Greg
20,332 Posts
Keith, we are on the same page.
Thanks,

21 - 40 of 75 Posts