Hemi Truck Club banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

· Ariel
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I have a few lol
Cool hang on to one for me. I think all im missing is a trans temp gauge and fluid. Ill be texting you soon to set up a day to get it installed. If you think of anything else we might need let me know.

· Ariel
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Finally getting the trans installed this weekend. :cool:

Reactions: arocketman

· Ariel
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Transmissions installed but I had a wrong AN fitting so we weren't able to finish. The new controller will control lock up and overdrive so i wont be using the buttons on the shifter. Theres one thing that might be an issue. The front drive shaft sits really close to the shifter bracket we wont know till i drive it if it’ll be an issue. I’ll post up a driving video once I'm done.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Rim Automotive wheel system

· Administrator
18,176 Posts
The trans is controlled by the e-trans controller. Transmission runs and drives like a factory trans when in drive and can be manually shifted also. The shifts are very firm. Line pressure is set to 135 psi static. Reverse lights are wired directly from the main harness as 2006 trucks can’t be wired from trans plugs to turn lights on in reverse. Pin 4 is run up to the shifter for neutral safety switch.

· Registered
16 Posts
I’ve never done this swap but I’m curious about the factory computer side of things. What exactly needs to be changed in hp tuners? Is it just one code turned off or more? Not much info out there on tuning Rams in HP tuners, tuners don’t like to share that info either. There are a few options for alternate transmissions but idk if any of them apply to a 46RE

· Administrator
18,176 Posts
To use say a manual or auto that is controlled by something other than the factory computer you will need to set rpm in neutral to your desired redline and turn off the p0700 pid to keep light off for trans codes.
The truck will simply think it’s in park or neutral all the time so you can drive it like you had drive selected.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts