Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I switched to 15 ft. Heres everything I have so far. If anything else comes to mind let me know.

B&M shifter
Latching Relays
Automotive 5 pin relays
Mount for shifter
Heat shield for cable
6an fittings 2 straight 2 elbows
15ft 6an hose
2 quick connect fittings

Reactions: Redtruck-VA

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Martin was saying some year hemi swap can use the factory starter and some need a “mini starter“ Does anyone know how I find out?

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
This is the wiring I drew up. Where would wire in the auto relay?
Handwriting Rectangle Font Schematic Sketch pad

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
The latching relay output (NO) is used to control the 30a automotive relays. The 30a relays are connected to the trans OD/LU.
Circuit component Gadget Eyewear Audio equipment Communication Device

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Where do i go from here? Do i need to switch the 12v to trans over to the relay?

Handwriting Product Rectangle Schematic Font

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
#87 to OD . Remove the 12v from #30 and make it ground. When the latch relay closes the automotive relay, the automotive relay will provide a high current path to ground engaging either LU or OD.

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
I think your common doesn't have 12v on it, check if you need the external jumper or not.

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Like this? I was messing with the relays earlier and there was no voltage on common. Where should i add a fuse?
Handwriting Rectangle Schematic Font Material property

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
If there isn't a fuse on your 12v source you can add one to the 12v feed..

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
How to drive your manual valve body 46re.. Never shift to 1st while rolling. Come to a full stop while in 2nd, then shift to 1st. Doing a burnout, shift to 2nd before letting off the throttle.. I have a Martin Saine 3500 super billet converter which is pretty loose for the street. I seldom use 1st gear.. leaving it in 2nd when I stop and just start in 2nd. Roll up and shift 3rd. If on the highway engage OD and then LU. To pass, unlock the converter and make your move.. becareful if you are on boost as it can get loose.. have fun!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

Reactions: arocketman and RAM4

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Heres where i ended up mounting the shifter and the module I put together for the switches. I used a mount from summit. Where can I splice in for ignition power to the module?
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic engineering Electronic component

Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Finally got word that the trans will be shipped in a week. I had Martin add a bung for a trans temp gauge. Im getting the a pillar three gauge mount. What other guagr do you guys recommend i get. I have one for Air/fuel boost one for trans temp and was thinking the third could be fuel pressure?

Reactions: Redtruck-VA

·
Greg
20,122 Posts
Fuel pressure is important. IMO..

Reactions: arocketman

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Finally got the transmission and controller. I didnt know the controller would have a display with it. Anyone else have that?
Cylinder Gas Machine Auto part Kitchen appliance

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bumper Gas Electronic device

Reactions: arocketman

·
Ariel
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Anyone know where i can pick up a 46RE dip stick?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts