Discussion Starter #542
Blue Max is down. :sad:

Left Front Wheel Bearing Hub gave out. :cry2:

Replacing both sides. Parts ordered. :thumb:

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
Mr. Bill,

I'm I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild right now. Unlike you I needed to have a shop take care of my short block.
one question (at this time) how did you get your valve covers orange? Did you paint them, anodize or what? Mine are stock and ugly. I want to do something but don't know what?
Thanks.
David

·
Administrator
17,830 Posts
I don't think bills covers are orange but Neil's are "Hemigtx" and I believe he painted them they came out very nice

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
I have a set of 03-05 valve covers, powder coated orange that I will sell you cheap.
How cheap? I wasn't thinking orange but I'm not against it either. My Truck is Black so I was thinking that might look cool. But Hemi orange might be better.

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
I've got an extra set if you want to try.
I had started polishing my original ones. Just not sure if I was getting anywhere yet.

Wanted to find a better way then what I was doing. They are very jacked up from sitting for 3 years while the truck was down for the count with a blown motor.

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
I don't think bills covers are orange but Neil's are "Hemigtx" and I believe he painted them they came out very nice
The ones form his old engine were, from what I saw in the pictures.

I may be mistaken though.

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
If you get Neil's old covers ill be glad to work something out on yours if there not in to rough of shape

Edit. Just seen your post Neil an that would work:):):)

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
The 5.7 had Orange covers back in the day. Had them Powder Coated.

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
If you get Neil's old covers ill be glad to work something out on yours if there not in to rough of shape

Edit. Just seen your post Neil an that would work:):):)
If you don't get the ones from Neil, no problem. If you do get his, then we can both try polishing them and exchange notes on what works and what doesn't.

·
Gold-Member
4,173 Posts
You could polish more than just the valve covers.:brows:

It's allot of work to keep it that way.......:blink:
That looks sweet.

How did you do it? What did you use? And would it stay that way if you spayed it with clear or something?

·
Slow Memeber
5,510 Posts
I would love to do that Stu but it being my daily I don't want to do the haste of taking all that stuff off. Maybe if I get a lump a cash an a week of work I'd give it a shot lol

541 - 560 of 570 Posts