Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny how things happen. Had been halfheartedly trying to sell the Hemi this past year,barely touched it all summer,just been busy trucking all I can and trying to keep the business afloat,.And with a ton of medical bills and a couple major breakdowns with the big truck, figured I'd just as well have the money than have it just sitting there collecting dust.

Had a few calls,but noone was really serious,and the ones that were wanted me to give it to them. So I quit advertising it and decided to keep it,liked it too much to sell it anyway.Had been driving it a good bit lately and realized it was too much fun not to keep. Then the other day,a lady called to see if it by chance was still available,came and looked at it and brought a check a couple days later.

Hated to see it go,but it went to a good home.Has a exact twin to run and play with.Same color,lift, tires and all, only difference is hers is a quad cab.So we got a genuine bona fide whemi out there,I mentioned the club, maybe she'll show up here.I'm going back old school with my '76 F-250 for a while,maybe the 460 big block will ease my Hemi withdrawals some. Sorry for the long post,just thought I'd tell my story. Guess I'll be joining the "Former Hemi Truck Owners Club" now.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Congrats on the sale - and please don't be a stranger here!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I'll be here, already laying out plans for the next one once things get caught back up. Didn't want to let it go,but it was the only thing I had that I could get enough out of to make a difference. Just thought it was funny how once I gave up and decided to keep it,someone decided to buy it. Life is funny sometimes.

When I get to where I can, going to try to find a nice two wheel drive to work on, get a little more on the hot rod side of things.

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
funny how once I gave up and decided to keep it,someone decided to buy it.
That's like couples wanting to have a baby... Nothing works until they give up and bingo........Pregnant. Happens all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts