Hemi Truck Club banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
High circuit typically mean open. Looks like you need to sort out wiring issues. Fix the o2 related first.

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
My guess would be the o2 sensor issue.. has the fuel mixture wrong. Might try holding throttle to floor while cranking. This de-fuels injectors and helps when rich..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess for me the write up has it vague moments. As such. On connector 1 it says
move pin 31 to 33. Okay got it
Add wire to pin 31. Got it.
Splice new wire to pin 32. ( as in splice wire to existing wire?) That's how I took it so that's what I did

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
I'll find my notes and get back to you..

Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
11 Posts
With out being able to read the O2 diagram I can see there is a common wire. I also re read the entire write up and read in the beginning it stated that you would be splicing into the existing wires. I double checked the actual pin out sheets and realized I should not have moved my 1/1 O2 wires since my 1/1 is already physically on the driver's side.

So I corrected all the issues. Rewired my new upstream O2 correctly and still have the weirdest issues. Have several of the same codes. When I look at live data most of it says N/A. So tomorrow I'll start ohm each sensor and see if I cooked a sensor. Hopefully I didn't cook my new pcm

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it helps make sense to someone else this is another symptom: throttle is super lazy and if the brake pedal is applied throttle goes dead.
If brake is applied and then throttle - no response
If throttle is applied and then brake(while still holding the throttle down)- rpms drop to an idle

·
Administrator
18,140 Posts
That’s a downstream 02 sensor and plays no part in fueling at all it’s a catt monitor only. They don’t even work for about 30s after starting. Your long crank is very likely that camshaft sensor. It’s what triggers your injectors for TDC cylinder 1. If that’s not working it will default to crank sensor trigger and then start and run ok ish. Address the camshaft sensor and the APP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for Info. I had a feeling the camshaft sensor was bad. Still need to ohm the harness to make sure. I was thinking the apps situation was due to all the other codes.
The bell crank and throttle body are only a couple months old.

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
Here are a couple drawings. The manual has a typo and the drawings are correct.
Handwriting Rectangle Font Wood Parallel
Handwriting Wood Font Rectangle Writing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still no progress. Checked all wiring including O2s. Ohm crank, cam, map, throttle body, oil pressure switch. And pigtails. All good.
Did a continuity to ground test on all. And all good. I think the gas can and a match is up next.

*also wasted the money and replaced the cam sensor I tested that was good- no change.

Long crank to start. Lazy throttle and no throttle with brake pedal applied.

Also took off the steering wheel to make sure the clock spring wasn't shorted out.

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
Sounds like limp mode.. might check the electrical plugs for bent pins and fit..
Rectangle Line Font Parallel Slope

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like limp mode.. might check the electrical plugs for bent pins and fit.. View attachment 50644
Hey I just did the swap also. Motor will crank up but no throttle at all and idle is surging bad cause Ofa comp cam in it . I know I need to have it tuned but why is the bell crank apps not responding? I’m at wits end. I’ve checked and double check all wires. Any suggestions?

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
What codes are getting? They only changes are the additional o2s and moving the tcm wires to c-4..

·
Registered
4 Posts
What codes are getting? They only changes are the additional o2s and moving the tcm wires to c-4..
Red truck I have waiting on to answer. Lol I found the problem just a few hrs ago. Had to get a guy to come over with his big Matco scanner and we saw the apps unit was working but no signal from pcm to throttle body. We did a relearn throttle body and now it’s working great.. wish that would have been in the write up. It took a few days off my life worrying about that thing day and night..

·
Greg
20,120 Posts
My guess is it was a little more than a relearn. Possibly a plug not fully connected.. the TB does a calibration everytime the battery is re-connected and the ignition is turned on. You can see the throttle blade move.. But glad it sorted itself out..
Well done..

Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
4 Posts
My guess is it was a little more than a relearn. Possibly a plug not fully connected.. the TB does a calibration everytime the battery is re-connected and the ignition is turned on. You can see the throttle blade move.. But glad it sorted itself out..
Well done..
Yeah seriously all we did was a relearn. 15 minutes from opening the shop til running. Wish I had one those matco computers. But I’m so thankful for all you guys putting the info out on these pages. Lots of research and hrs in this thing.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts