Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 ram 1500 4.7

Backstory, kid seized motor. Bought used 4.7. 108k. New gaskets and swapped any external parts. Swap was so easy I didn't think it would start. Fired right up. Drove for a week. Fuel pump pins at sending unit failed. Cleaned and sent home. She purred. Another week went by. He calls and says it's knocking. I went to diagnose it and found to be chain slap. Limped it 15 miles to my house. Ran fine as long as driven under normal conditions. I had no problem on way home. Got chain kit. Watched tons of video and called a few dodge buddies. Told me to take pics and notes. I did. Only thing that moved was pass cam upon rotating 40° to remove sprocket. ( was high noon, pulled CC to remove and once I was back at noon when released it sprung to 3 ) when reinstalling returned to high noon and all marks fell perfect. Turned over 2x and marks lined up. Bolted back up and turned over. Would start and die. Didn't feel comfortable so tore down to verify nothing was off. All good. 4 times repeated. Checked spark. All 16 good. Checked fuel.... Houston we found the problem. I'm dumping fuel into cylinders nonstop. Pulled injectors to see what was going on. I have a constant spray on all 8. I've checked all harnesses and nothing looks shorted. Thought maybe trash got in through fuel line swap so swapped all 8 thinking maybe all 8 clogged ( I know a long shot) but same thing. I'm dreading to replace pcm as this kid has 6k invested already. (WE WONT TALK ABOUT THAT HA) can someone tell me something please?!

·
Administrator
18,122 Posts
Best thing to do is unplug the pcm then continuity test 1 injector plug for ground. If no continuity then the pcm is deff the issue. The injectors get all powers from a relay and trigger the grounds internal to the pcm. So if all the grounds are stuck on then it’s deff a pcm issue it sounds like

1 - 3 of 3 Posts