Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the first post in the section...my question is what do you wash your truck with? i used to use a brush on my last vehicle but noticed a lot of swirl marks..im thinking like a wool washmit might be a better idea, i dont like regular sponges.i just dont wanna get my new truck full of swirls

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
for the first post in the section...my question is what do you wash your truck with? i used to use a brush on my last vehicle but noticed a lot of swirl marks..im thinking like a wool washmit might be a better idea, i dont like regular sponges.i just dont wanna get my new truck full of swirls

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought one of these microfiber fingered sponges with the bug net on the other side, works nicely

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
I use the same thing!

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
I have this big ole fluffy micro-fiber cloth that I use. I am not exactly sure where I picked it up...Wal-mart or Harbor Freight? I like the micro-fiber sponge idea. Thanks!

If I am in a situation, where there is a mud caked on, I will break out the Simonize power sprayer and place the spray wand in a wide spray to knock down the biggest chunks and to keep the debris from collecting below the cloth.

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Micro Fiber is the way to go. I have about 2 dozen of them. They are great for cleaning, drying, waxing and just about everything..

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have at least 25-30 microfiber towels, everytime they go on sale i pick up a pack....i wash em and if they get to dirty i toss em

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yup, wash em by themselves (no terry cloth!) and don't put them in the dryer or they won't be lint free anymore!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Not all microfiber is created equal, some will scratch. A simple test I use is to take a unused cd(remember the ones AOL were always sending out I have several of them )and run the microfiber across the cd and look for scratch marks,if it scratches the cd it'll scratch the clear coat on our trucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts