Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well unfortunately Sandy hit us hard here in Queens NY ..I lost alot,basement flooded,garage flooded Truck is totaled and don't think insurance will cover any of the flooding damage.
Fema came by today to see the damage,have not heard from my home owners Ins. Truck had full coverage but i have not heard from the Ins. company since we set up the claim.
I am just thankful my family and friends have our health and although i still have a roof over my head ,just no heat,hot water or electric except for the Gen as long as we have gas since that is a major problem with long lines and stations running out and now you have the Thugs looting..
heard a few stories of people dressing up as the power company and going door to door and robbing people,i heard 2 looters were shot trying to break into a house and gun shots the other night up the block from me .
well i went and got myself a 12 Ga. to protect what little i have left.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well unfortunately Sandy hit us hard here in Queens NY ..I lost alot,basement flooded,garage flooded Truck is totaled and don't think insurance will cover any of the flooding damage.
Fema came by today to see the damage,have not heard from my home owners Ins. Truck had full coverage but i have not heard from the Ins. company since we set up the claim.
I am just thankful my family and friends have our health and although i still have a roof over my head ,just no heat,hot water or electric except for the Gen as long as we have gas since that is a major problem with long lines and stations running out and now you have the Thugs looting..
heard a few stories of people dressing up as the power company and going door to door and robbing people,i heard 2 looters were shot trying to break into a house and gun shots the other night up the block from me .
well i went and got myself a 12 Ga. to protect what little i have left.

·
Registered
772 Posts
been watching the drama unfold here in NZ. Again mother nature takes no prisoners. heart wrenching stuff listening to real people tell of their loss and suffering.

Best wishes to you and family and trust you all pull through.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
We also have pretty good coverage here in the PI, We wish you and your family a speedy recovery. It's a damn shame you now have to stand guard from the low lifes.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Hope things start to look up soon.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
sorry to hear the bad news! My cousin lives in Belle Harbor and her house and cars were destroyed too!! Alot of crazy stuff going on these days!! Stay safe ..

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A little update finally got power back last night around 9pm . things have been a little crazy here with all the destruction trying to help people pump the water out of there basements on top of my own basement.
Now i am ripping down every wall to have y basement bared out to exterior walls then i will have someone come in to clean and check for mold before i start to redo the basement .Still haven't seen anyone from my insurance co. for the house or my truck just talked to them on the phone .

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about this Mike. You just got that truck set up too. Good luck with the recovery process.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i watched my wife cry on the phone as she told the insurance lady all the mods i put into this truck... 25 items all that time i put into it never really got to enjoy her.. .they wanted to tow it away and i told them not until i get a check in my hand how do i know they wont take things and part it out . well i started taking somethings off i have to take the rims with the big MT toyo open country tires off yet the torneau cover and what ever else is in good condition .
It's making me sick seeing it sit out there i keep trying to start it up but nothing .. i wish i could get it to run 1 more time to just to open up the cutouts and hear her scream 1 last time .

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in front of my house about 6-7 feet. where my truck was parked in my backyard it went above the bumper and into my cab smelled like it was on fire when i opened the door.i checked the the fluids didn't see any water in the Trans or Oil.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Maybe not a total loss then? Just an electronics issue? Could be a nightmare though to trace.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Unfortunately i hope it's a total loss .when i tried to start it i had circles on the p n r d 1 2 .the lights stayed on the door chime kept beeping even after i took the key out. that would be just one big headache although i was thinking about buying it back after the payout if the price they want is not ridiculous and make it my project. gut it all out put a new trans with no computer controls but with all the work i have to do now in the house i don't think i will have the time or money for that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts