Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
silver lining
The potential for something positive or beneficial to result from a negative situation. Often used in the phrase "every cloud has a silver lining." (A silver lining on a cloud is an indication that the sun is behind it.)

My "silver lining" came 16 years ago last week from Hurricane Katrina and the Hemi Truck Club!! Morris & I had joined HTC earlier in the year and met the "Ranchers" - Doug & Mary at the rally in June. There was a GTG planned in August in Helen, Georgia. We live and hour and a half from Doug & Mary so we decided to caravan to Georgia. While we were there was when Katrina hit!! What an experience we had driving home 17 hours in the aftermath with limited fuel, food, phone service, and knowledge of what was happening. It was comforting to have someone traveling along to help us navigate the unknown. That experience created a true bond between us and a friendship that remains to this day. Life doesn't get much better than having a solid friendship.

We have remained very closed friends with them to this day!!! I'm thankful to HTC for that friendship and many others I've established since joining.

🎂 Happy Birthday to our HTC family with birthdays this week September 5-11!! Have a great day!!

🤝 Welcome to our newest HTC member - malamri. It great to have you as part of our hemi family!!

🎥 Rocketman - Bill - has started a post "Remember when". It's been a fun post to follow. Check it out so you can "Remember when".

🍀 Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!

🙏 PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.

*Rancher - Doug general health

*Doc's mother -
*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes

*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues
*Those affected by the resurgence of COVID
*Those in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida

Rectangle Door Gesture Line Font

1 - 2 of 2 Posts