Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
⛈ With another tropical storm/hurricane the horizon here are a few tips to protect your vehicle in heavy rain:
Rain
Rain may provide a calming ambiance, but when it comes to your car, it can wreak some major havoc. It’s not necessarily the rain that is the issue but rather all the other materials that are “re-activated” when wet or spit up onto your vehicle by the rain. Oil, dirt, high ph chemicals, acids, solvents, abrasive sand, and salt can end up on your vehicle. And when the water evaporates from the surface there is a HIGH likelihood those materials will be left behind in the form of the dreaded “water spots”! When the rain and all its evils hit, here’s how you can best protect your car from this weather.

Wash and wax
Take the proactive measure of washing and waxing, sealing, or coating your car. This serves to protect your car by creating a barrier between the car’s paint and the rain and dirt that is left behind. It will help release the dirt easily next time you wash and provide a sacrificial barrier to help protect the paint in the mean-time. Use only the best cleaning products possible to ensure you get the highly protective barrier you’re looking for. To avoid scratching it up even more, use a professional grade car wash mitt, as that will be the gentlest on your car while still removing dirt and grime.
Seal any openings
There are few things as detrimental to the interior of a car as water damage. Prevent rain from getting inside your vehicle by ensuring all openings are perfectly sealed. Check out the rubber linings on doors, and immediately repair any that become damaged. For any windows or sunroofs, always double-check that you completely close them—it’s all too easy to accidentally leave one open a crack.

🎂Happy Birthday to our HTC family with birthdays this week September 12-18!! Have a great day!!

🤝Welcome to our newest HTC members:
Augustday11 - the proud owner of a 2017 1500 sport
Mattlock904 - can be found driving around in his 2014 Dodge Ram
Scottillinois - a Ford convert with a 2006 2500 Ram
It great to have you as part of our hemi family!!

📸Rocketman - Bill - has started a post "Remember when". It's been a fun post to follow. Check it out so you can "Remember when".

🍀Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!

🙏PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.
*Rancher - Doug general health

*Doc's mother -
*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes

*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues
*Those affected by the resurgence of COVID
*Those in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida and upcoming weather events

Rectangle Organism Cartoon Mammal Font

Reactions: arocketman

·
John
4,113 Posts
:eek: Pertaining to the HTC, TOTM awards, I never received my certificates for March 2018, November 2018, and February 2020. I would love to add these to my other certificates.

·
Super Moderator
10,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe Keith will see this and can help.

Reactions: SUPER BEE

·
Administrator
17,916 Posts
My old computer went blue screen of death on me! The program I was using was on it and I lost the password key 32 digit key to use it again. The program cost me around $200 back when I got it so I didn’t buy it again. Trying to find another cheaper option just very busy lately!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts