Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: So if your area is like my area post "Oh, my goodness where in the heck'ola did all this snow and cold come from? And thank goodness it's finally gone!!". In Texas we had record breaking temperatures both with the degrees and how long it was cold which gravely effected out power grid thus affecting the water supply in most areas. With that said most of Texas' water is under a boil which means most restaurants are closed which means guess who's cooking at home?? That's not really a big deal for me because I like to cook and we seldom eat out (like maybe once a month or so). Anyway, I found this meatloaf recipe on-line and tried it today and it was REALLY good!! Thought I'd share it in case you're looking to up your meatloaf game. Yep, this is where our newsletter has gone....I'm just sharing recipes now. Please feel free to let me know any topics you would like me to research or who knows next week you'll learning to darn socks.
This is the Best Meatloaf Recipe on Pinterest, According to 82,000 Pinners
Wide Open Eats Staff WriterJournalist, Wide Open Eats

Did you know that meatloaf first become popular in the United States during the Great Depression? Made to stretch your dollar, this inexpensive meal made from hamburger has turned into a favorite family meal across the states. While some meatloaf recipes call for a "frosting" of mashed potatoes, brown gravy, or bbq sauce, it seems that the users of Pinterest have spoken: great meatloaf is best served with a tangy and sweet ketchup-based sauce. This is real comfort food here.
Megan of Pip and Ebby currently holds the recipe for the best meatloaf recipe on Pinterest. With over 82,000 repins, this best-ever meatloaf is made from ground beef, crushed Ritz crackers, and a generous helping of ketchup. And with a cook time of only an hour and a half, it hardly takes any time to get this favorite meatloaf recipe on the table fast.

Ingredients
  • 2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 cup Ritz crackers crushed
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup onion finely chopped (or 1 Tbsp dried minced onion)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup apricot preserves
  • 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 5×9 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crackers, egg, milk, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
  • Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
  • In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup ketchup, brown sugar, apricot preserves and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the meatloaf halfway through baking. Reserve the remainder of the sauce for dipping/topping. Let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

🎂 Happy birthday to the HTC'ers celebrating February 21-27th!!! Let us know it's your birthday and if you got any good gifts or a special celebration!!

Welcome to our newest HTC members: Hemi06PRO - proud owner of a 2006 Ram 1500, Sotelo from Dallas, Texas and Convoyhank - Hank just converted from a Ford and scored himself a '21 Diamond Black 4x2 Quad. Great to have you as part of our Hemi Truck Family!!

🤞 Try your luck at being "Truck of the Month"!! Post a picture and a write up of your ride between the 1st-21st then we vote the 22nd-months end. After the voting the winner will be messaged for email info. The email is for the digital TOTM award. Printing and shipping them was getting pricey and time consuming. The awards will be printable on your end and then you can frame them. Thanks to Keith (charged392) for heading this up!

🙏 PRAYER REQUEST:
If you have a prayer request you would like to share either add it to this thread or PM me.

*HemiSuperbee - Mark - health concerns

*Rancher - Doug general health

*Doc's mother - recent fall resulting in fractured femur & surgery, she is currently in rehab
*boedacres - Steve - health issues including diabetes

*SuperBee - John & his wife - health issues

*Those affected and impacted by the Covid 19 virus both physically and financially!
*Mrs.Studmuffin - please prayer for our church as we have a had major crisis.
*SuperBee - John's wife was in a serious car accident on January 26th. Fortunately, she only suffered bruising and getting banged up. When you see the pictures of the vehicle she was very fortunate!
*Those recovering from the record breaking temperatures and weather we experienced throughout the country last week.

Have a great week!!

snowman.jpg

Reactions: arocketman
1 - 1 of 1 Posts