Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see how many of you have over 100k on your trucks. I am looking at a 2005 with 115k on it but it's a one owner and he has receipts on everything. Just looking for reliability stories here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looking to see how many of you have over 100k on your trucks. I am looking at a 2005 with 115k on it but it's a one owner and he has receipts on everything. Just looking for reliability stories here.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Mine has been super since I bought it in '07 with 86K. The P.O. had the front hubs changed due to worn out bearings. That was all he mentioned when I talked to him.

Hopefully, those receipts show two sets of plugs, three or more diff fluid changes, perhaps two tranny fluid/filter changes and a host of lesser maintenance items.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
128k The only things I've had to change where two tail light bulbs, and a cam position sensor.

·
Registered
933 Posts
125k on my 04 and she is going great. Stock tranny and up to 800 miles ago i still had the stock lsd. Had it replaced with Auburn and the unit was still intact w/ the retainer clips so i will keep it as a back up.

Only major issue was collapsed lifter but that occurred within the first 10k and replaced under warranty.
Other minor issues that pertain to factory parts
- rear leaking pinion seal
- u joint failure of drive shaft @105k (prob pinion angle due to 4.88 gears being put in the day before)

Only issue currently is worn out drivers seat lol. Not bad considering the mods she has and the fact the truck is 8 years old.

·
Premium Member
13,314 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
249,00O km here (149k Miles??) Still Running real strong. Timing Chain Tensioner was almost in pieces (hanging on by a thread but I caught it in time when doing Cam Install #2 at Approx 230K KM (138 K Miles). Other Than That not very many original drivetrain parts left on her other than the Engine Block/Heads/Steering Rack/Trans/Transfercase.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Ask me again in another 10 years and I may have got to 100,000

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Originally posted by AlbertaHemi:
Ask me again in another 10 years and I may have got to 100,000
I know, its only taken me 8 years to get to 50k.

·
Super Moderator
4,830 Posts
108,000 miles and going strong

·
Gary
904 Posts
80,000 and lost track of all I replaced.
6 rears
1 trans
1 motor
2 radiators
2 starters
1 alternator
1 battery
sway bar links and 2 sets of bushings
I think thats all.
Im going to drive it tonight and see what else breaks

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
My 2004 QC X2 has 85K. Really nothing major has gone wrong. I did get a set of new 20 inch rims right before the first warranty ran out. I've been rolling on 17's for the last two years. A little better mileage and a lot better ride.
I have some minor mods and only hit the track a few times. It has been outside through 5 Chicago winters and is none the worse for wear.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Tuesday 20th, 9-40pm. Wet and windy outside. Summer is over for us and just beginning for you methinks.
owned the 04 RumbleBee 2 years and 3 months now and its on 40872 miles. Only problem is the price of gas which has just hit $2-20 a litre. Which, we are told, is the result of better than expected finacial results comming out of the USA and pushing up demand.

·
Registered
391 Posts
143,000 k on the daytona and 81k on the GTX. trying to decide which one i want to drive to rally this year. my son wants to haul them both with his 09 cummings and save fuel but not dollars. lol

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Still less than 40k on my 2005. But it has been very reliable. Only problems were front rotors replaced under warranty, door seals replaced under TSB, wimpy factory spring clamps for power steering hoses and water hoses. That's it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts