Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had some heartburn (quite painful) so I googled home remedies for heartburn and found out that warm milk and honey was one.

Results: Worked almost instantly and was kind- a tasty!

Any other home remedies you might want to share (and not just for heartburn) would be very interesting to hear.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just had some heartburn (quite painful) so I googled home remedies for heartburn and found out that warm milk and honey was one.

Any other home remedies you might want to share (and not just for heartburn) would be very interesting to hear.

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
Grease and oil can be tough to get completely off your hands. If the soap and detergents won't get that last greasy feel off your hands wash them with shaving cream or shaving gel. Works great.

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
a little dish liquid and sugar gets most everything off your hands as well. , just remember to clean the sugar canister off

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Originally posted by Birdshot:

The reason shaving cream/gel works so well is probably for the same reason that foamy shaving cream will remove any stain from your carpet. My wife wouldn't believe me, until I removed the kid's magic marker stains from our white carpet. Food, wine, etc. It may take more than 1 attempt, but will come clean.

AND, since WD-40 will remove old blood and ink stains from your shirts; it stands to reason that it would work on carpets also. Little more work to clean the carpet afterwards, though.

·
Super Moderator
10,603 Posts
Roll-on deoderant is great for bug bites. Takes the sting out and makes the itching stop almost immediately.

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
Originally posted by Mrs.Studmuffin:
Roll-on deoderant is great for bug bites. Takes the sting out and makes the itching stop almost immediately.
Works great on poison ivy as well.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Honey & lemon for a cough.

Ginger for upset stomach, either ginger tea, gingerale, or ginger snaps.

Tomato juice to get the skunk smell off the dog.

Food grease on clothes? Rub corn starch or baby powder in the grease stain. Let set for at least a day. Brush off and wash as usual.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts