Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my fogs to work with my high beam and use the factory switch. They work auto with the high beams, and are switchable with low beams and parking lights. I didnt have to mess in the fuse box at all. All it takes is a bosch relay. I've seen all the jumper tricks and stuff online but it bypasses the factory switch.
1. First cut the white wire at the driverside foglight and leave slack on both ends so you can add a piece of wire. Splice in a short wire and put a spade connector on it to plug into the relay.
2. Run a ground wire and put a spade connector on it.
3. Run a wire to the battery and a spade connector on it.
4. Run a wire from one of the high beam wires near the headlight.
5. Make sure all wires can reach a central location to mount the relay.
a. Hook the foglight wire to terminal 87
b. Hook the highbeam wire to terminal 86
c. Hook the ground wire to terminal 85
d. Hook the battery wire to terminal 30

I taped the relay and wires all togethre and left them up in the fender to try and keep them dry.
The fog lights function as normal but when you go to high beam the fogs stay on.
Hope this helps somebody. My truck is an 05 btw.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
sounds like a cool project but what is wrong with just using the jumper wire in the fuse box?

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
This is one thread on here but it doesnt show the posts you connect the wires to.
http://hemitruckclub.infopop.c...50068252/m/786109143
I know there are other posts on DT. I actually printed the pictures out last night since I am looking to do this.

The one thing I am not sure of is if the fog lights will be on any time you turn on the running lights or still only with the switch.
I think I read a post about them being on anytime the running lights are on. This isnt really an issue but kind of kills the purpose of having a switch.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The way I did it yuou can turn them off anytime ecept when the high beams are on with the factory switch.
The jumper they are on anytime the parking lights are on and does defeat the purpose of the switch.

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
After this has been around a while I would like to move it down to the DIY section if you don't mind.

If I can find the relay I may try this.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd be honored!

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Good job !! have a link for the Bosch relay ?

·
Registered
40,856 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They sell them at autozone and advanced auto. you can use any bosch, hella relay.

·
Retired BOD - Doug
39,640 Posts
They sell them at autozone and advanced auto. you can use any bosch, hella relay.
You forget where I live. They can't even spell Autozone out here. But I can find one about an hour away.

If I don't forget to move this by the middle of next month send me or Mark a PM. I'll be back off vacation then but I wouldn't bet on me remembering anything.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Relay

Here is the relay.
Yeah "Down in th boondocks" comes to mind. Maybe you can take a relay purchasing vacation

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am currently using the Jumper Wire.

I know on my 02' Maxima there was a Mod where you cut the the wire to the Foglights and Tap it into the Parking light (on the leads before it goes into the Relay) that lets you keep all the function of the switch and they stay on with the Highbeams.

Haven't had the time to try it though.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In the how to's yet?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bump

·
Jim-CO Chapter Dictator
2,292 Posts
After almost clobbering a deer on our last road trip due to aging eyesight and lack of lighting, I found this little jewel that seems worthy to try. Other than the OP, has anyone ever given this a go? Problems?

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Originally posted by RockyMtnXpress:
After almost clobbering a deer on our last road trip due to aging eyesight and lack of lighting, I found this little jewel that seems worthy to try. Other than the OP, has anyone ever given this a go? Problems?
Jim, I made mine a stand alone by having a separate switch with a relay connected to the ignition so it turns off with the engine. I use mine as daylight driving lights.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts