Hemi Truck Club banner
301 - 320 of 331 Posts

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Mark, if it is what you want to do I say go for it... if you are short on expansion room. Maybe there is a shop or garage nearby you can rent? Older I get the more challenges there seem to be.. don't put it off..

Reactions: kcd1369

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #303 ·
Unfortunately I've been side line with inflammation of my nervious system or so my doctor is telling me. Started with Bell's Palsy then apparently moved into my legs. We are talking about disabling roll into a ball unabie to walk pain. Anyway I believe I'm on the mend or at least doing better.. so hope to get back to work soon..

Reactions: bada44

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
:prayersent: Praying for you brother.

Reactions: bada44 and Daw14

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
Much appreciate the thoughts..

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
This is a tough time for everyone... I'm fortunate that I can isolate. I really worry about those who can't.. and are vulnerable to covid19...

·
Mark G Senior Member
03Ram Stock & 05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
1,997 Posts
Wow ,Greg just reading this today... I have not been paying attention lately. I hope you feel better soon and get back to your life... :prayersent:

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Appreciate everyone's well wishes... I'll be on top of this soon.. thx

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
It's been 6mos.. a very long 6 months I might add. I've done alot of therapy and believe I'll eventually recover to close to normal for being in my seventies. I ditched the wheel early on and used a walker for the last few months. Now I use a cane and getting stronger. Got my garage doors adjusted so I'm able to open them easier. Been doing chores in the garage and will start back on the hemi powered willys very soon and hope have the floor completed and mounted on the chassis. I've been down but don't count this old hot rodder out... at least not yet..

·
Mark G Senior Member
03Ram Stock & 05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
1,997 Posts
Hey Greg glad to hear you're feeling better and getting around... Just in time for warmer weather to get out and enjoy the warm summer days.😎

·
Premium Member
9,596 Posts
Glad to hear you are improving. Believe me I know that our age it takes longer to recuperate than it did earlier in our life. I look back to my younger days when I apparently thought that I would always be able to do everything forever.. When I was forty, I could do everything that I could when I was twenty. When I was sixty, I could do most everything that I could when I was twenty but, it took a couple days to recuperate. Now that I am in my late seventies, I must admit I just can't do a lot of things anymore. I take pills for Lord only knows what. This part is wearing out, that part is getting replaced, some parts getting removed, etc, etc, To sum it up, I consider it an accomplishment getting up on the green side of the grass in the morning. Hang in there my friend, we will make it.

·
Greg
20,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Appreciate the encouragement. I'm confident I'll recover some, but the physical therapy can get trying at times. I push hard and then recover, my therapist doesn't always agree with my recovery time. She's 20 something and has no concept of real pain. I'm doing sets of modified squats. Meaning I sit in a chair and stand up. This helps restore the muscles as fast as I know. I'm going to sell Red and focus on the Willy's project.

Reactions: SUPER BEE

·
Stu
21,331 Posts
Good to see your feeling and getting better Greg. Physical therapy sucks but, it does make a difference in the long run.
How much do you plan on selling red for Greg?

·
John
4,135 Posts
Red is one of a kind truck, should net you a good sum for all the mods you have accomplished over the years of ownership. Best of luck Greg.

301 - 320 of 331 Posts