Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
It's getting there...

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Screwed up and got grit in my eye.. been pretty religious about wearing safety glasses and shield. But something in there is causing my eye to be irritated. Very distracting..

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Wanted to take a break today to give my eye a rest. Ended up under the lawn mower changing the drive belt. Found a notch burned into the belt. It must have been enough to kick itself off the pulley. Went to town and found a belt in a pile on a table. Apparently inventory is not a high priority... Good thing I took the old belt with me...

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
That is the actual mounting pad to the frame. A hole will be drilled into it's bottom for a bolt. The original boxes were completely rotted away.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
Got the other rear corner mostly done. Cut the rust out and fabricate replacement pieces and weld them in. This corner is in worst condition than the other.

Attachments

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
Ran out of cutting disks and went to town to pickup meds and supplies..

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Repaired the body mount in the left rear corner, came out good IMO. With the seat box removed I added a brace from left rear mount to the right rear mount. Spent some time cutting away the front lower body cap. Will need to re-enforce the door frame.
It is open and I have access to perform the needed repairs.

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·
Note I find interesting. My repairs are not the first time the body and the original frame had repairs done on them. The frame I replaced. I have found evidence of stick welding being used on the body with some internal panels replaced. Surprisingly it was fairly well done. There is very little to no bondo. Has been painted a few times.. I will install the front half of the floor with added bracing. I'm not sure what will happen when I cut the rear of the cab off. Kinda looking forward to cutting it up... lol. Won't be another like it....

Reactions: bada44

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·
Apparently I mis-spoke... lol

Attachments

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Got the other cab cap roughed in. It was a little more involved as the supports had more rust that needed repair. I need to jump ahead alittle as when I cut the rear of the cab I will need to cut into this area that I am now rebuilding. Makes no sense to weld this up and then cut it open. I can see I need more bracing. I have added a permanent brace between the two rear mounting pads and think I'll tie into it and the temporary bracing I've already installed. I want to turn the cab right side up sitting on temporary feet on the floor. Then cut the rear of the cab off. The way I'll have it braced the cab will be totally self supporting with the rear removed.. I hope.... lol

Reactions: kcd1369 and bada44

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #277 ·
Pictures..

Attachments

Reactions: bada44

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #279 ·
Another picture...

Attachments

·
Greg
19,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
While measuring the side windows I discoveried Willy's used "divine proportion" (1.61) .. regardless I'll chop it 2".... lol

261 - 280 of 324 Posts