Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know off hand of the cost to swap a 2003 dodge ram 2500 truck with the 5.7 hemi over to a DT360 engine?
Stock trans and 4x4.
I want to keep the stock trans and t-case setup.
Stock axles and tires etc.

My goals are 425+HP and 600+ torque. Daily driver, hauling 10k loads at highway speeds weekly. Midwest so no mountains etc.

I know modifications to frame/front end length and driveshaft will be needed.

Adapter plate from dt360 to the 545rfe trans
Relocate oil filter

Does anyone know any other major issues with setup or other big items that will need to be changed?
Steering component issues/interference?
Front diff interference?

Any ideas of a company who can help with the pcm/programing and harness adoptions?

I would like the dash instrumentation to work correctly.

· Registered
2004 GTX
79 Posts
545 Trans will never last, and cost wise you are better off with a Cummings swap, I've seen the 4bt engines popping up in 1500s lately with G56 trans .......Hell you are better off with a stroker Magnum swap , price wise

Yes I know this is from July

· Red Trucker
344 Posts
Everyone does it lol.....I find it funny because the name is literally in the logo lol. Had a guy try to argue with me (I used to be a large diesel mechanic before I retired) that there was a "G" on the end til I convinced him to look up a logo........

· Registered
2004 GTX
79 Posts
I've wondered how a Cummins would fit and work in my wife's 2012 Charger RT AWD.
over the summer , hitting a few cruise nites here in the Mid Atlantic area the grandkids and I came across a 08 Magnum with a 4BT in Maryland out side Hagerstown, the hood had a old school 6pak scoop on it, I couldn't track the owner down, but it looked like the scoop was there for some extra clearance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts