Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking for a direct fit Header choice for my 04 Ram SLT 1500 5.7 Hemi with Extended cab. I currently have Magnaflow Hi-Flo Cats and Y Pipe with Flowmaster cat back. So I am looking for a direct fit option, I had a Stock Manifold crack and I was able to find a new OEM unit which I installed, But they are pricey and the other I believe is starting to crack and I would assume just replace this time with headers.

I have a super chips tuner do i need to get a custom tune? I would not mind a ceramic coated option ( I know I can send them off myself but easier to just buy them done ).

What bolts and Gaskets?
I am not looking for all out performance.

I just installed a set of Stainless Powers Ceramic coated Stainless LTH on my 5th Gen Camaro and the fit and finish are perfect But I did need a custom tune for them.

Thanks

·
John
4,263 Posts
You can still use your SuperChips Tuner with a header replacement, I would suggest you run the performance tune. I run SuperChips CORTEX 3950 Tuner on my 07' Quad Cab 1500, rwd, 5.7L HEMI, using the performance 91 tune, 180° Tstat, and 93 octane fuel. Shorty headers will be direct fit for your needs and are available ceramic coated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any recommendations on brand?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts