Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,
So I am back, trying to finish the motor I started 2 years ago, the ATK 392 stroker, I was getting ready to drop it off at the builders place , going though all my parts ,BUT, when it came to head bolts, all I have are the Enginetech Head bolts I was going to use on a repair job from before (stock motor). I don't really want to use them, so I was wondering about how you guys feel about other brands , obviously ARP is my first choice. However the supply chain crap we are going though seems to have derailed the ability to easily get them (both bolts and studs) What are your thoughts on.........
Mopar ....... OEM 6506334AA
Felpro Head Bolts ....ES 72200
Clevite/Mahle Head Bolts ....GS 33429

Enginetech ........HB228
ARP Head Bolts ..........147-3901
ARP Head Studs .........244-4300

Thank You again for all the help here

·
Greg
20,054 Posts
Billy @ [email protected]
Billy builds hemi's and when I spoke to him last year he had a stash of parts. He may have a set of studs..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Redtruck , much appreciated :) , I'll shoot an email

Looks like only Facebook presence .....hmmmmmm
I don''t do FB (n)

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I am now and will always say , unless you plan on pulling the heads off a few times or are into serious boost, head studs are a PIA, as for which head bolt is better, I wouldn't go Engine tech or OEM if I'm over 11 to 1 compression, but other then that my only other thing to say is torque to yield sux when the engine is in the truck, on a stand there fine.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You Guys,
Appreciate the info , kind of confirmed my thought's , best option seems to be quality head bolts, so,
I ordered the ARP Head BOLTS , with supply chain crap going on they SAY they are to be shipped on December 14th, so with shipping time I'm looking a almost 3 weeks till they show up. OW well😟 , guess I'll go spend some more time on that truck intake manifold.😖 ARGH
Hey Chris, how much for your intake manifold ? I'd like mine RED please 😎

·
Mark G Senior Member
03Ram Stock & 05 Ram 5.7 Turbo Charged
2,064 Posts
ARP good choice.. that's what Billy would tell you to use and go for broke.

·
Greg
20,054 Posts
ARP fasteners are jewelry. Just looking at them makes me feel good..

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still waiting for the ARP headbolts , came back to this thread to see when I ordered them, they are on backorder ARGH !!
Been about 25 days so far...............................................

• Sad
Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
2004 GTX
50 Posts
Still waiting for the ARP headbolts , came back to this thread to see when I ordered them, they are on backorder ARGH !!
I think you'll be waiting till mid January....Sux I know , I'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I was told by my account rep, 1/24

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crap, I got an email from Jegs saying my are backordered until 3/28/2022 !!! That's basically April !!!
I made a call to my engine builder , he's going to check around his sources.

• Sad
Reactions: arocketman

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Ric,(y) I am trying Texas Speed, I'll see what they have to say, ordered this morning, I'll wait a day or 2 see if they update the shipping on the bolts, If it's going to be a couple of month's I'll get back to you ,
MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hughes got back to me backordered since October , no ETA on when they will be in stock

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ric3xrt,
Have you received an update on those hemi head bolts ?
I just mailed Texas Speed and they said 6 weeks on my order , that would make it aprox Feb 26th for them.
Jegs is 3/28
Asked engine builder "again" Friday to check into them , see if he had any connections , so far , crickets........
Looks like I'll take a set from you.
Let me know when you get them
thx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts