Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I don't know how familiar people are with the Tapatalk app, but its a pretty popular app for forum viewing. I have used it for over a year for RamForum and LXForums and was wondering if the Admins can look into getting HTC accessible on the app. Lately the spam has been so bad on the website it's very hard to use. Plus just general browsing is difficult using a smartphone with safari. Thanks so much!

·
Kevin
403 Posts
That sounds like a possible solution to the spam problem.

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Hey, I don't know how familiar people are with the Tapatalk app, but its a pretty popular app for forum viewing. I have used it for over a year for RamForum and LXForums and was wondering if the Admins can look into getting HTC accessible on the app. Lately the spam has been so bad on the website it's very hard to use. Plus just general browsing is difficult using a smartphone with safari. Thanks so much!
I think you need to get the forum administrator's attention for this whoever that is? :phone:

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another bump. This spam is getting terrible again, it makes browsing on an iPhone almost useless...

·
Farrrrrr East Coast
3,770 Posts
i think this would be great, might even bring us a little more traffic :)

·
Administrator
259 Posts
Hey there,

We understand that it's frustrating that your request has not been added to the site yet, however I just want to let you all know that bumping is not required. The technical team does not actually come into the forum or see any of these threads and we (the Tech admin team) do not have any control over when it will be added.

I do see that a ticket has been sent in for this to be added, but our techs have all hands on deck with migrating our sites to a new server, so I'm not sure when they'll be able to tackle any wishlist items. Hopefully they'll be able to get Tapatalk added on here soon!

Cheers,
Erik

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would like to say I don’t consider this request a “wishlist” type item. I made this request because the spam on here is out of control. I have tried everything I can do, clear my browser, install ad blockers, tired the enhanced mobile browser for the forum, reported spam, absolutely nothing has worked. I don’t have time to use my laptop to browse this site, I use my iPhone almost exclusively. I use safari a lot, and I have never come across any website that has this spam problem. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have to close down 7-8 spam pop ups in a row JUST to access a page to read or reply. It’s obvious the HTC Spam thread isn’t helping when new links are being automatically generated. We only have about 15-20 active contributing members on here, I hate to see myself or others stop using the forum because they can’t access it. I’m giving this thread a bump every week or so to help keep a fire lit under whoever runs the page to get a solution to the problem. I’m sorry to keep bringing it up but frankly I’m getting very frustrated with it.

·
Administrator
259 Posts
I'm sorry for the headache. We're still working to get a handle on the spam popups that have been coming through mobile devices too, but I'm afraid I can't get the Tapatalk app bumped up higher on the tech's "to-do" list.

I'll do what I can. I have a short list of sites requesting these sort of extra features to be added to their sites, and this request is at the top of that list

Kevin

·
Kevin
403 Posts
Still hoping this can be done. It's been 2 months and no word....
I don't think it's a top priority for them.

P.S. Nice build page on flicker!

·
Chris
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think it's a top priority for them.

P.S. Nice build page on flicker!
Fixing the spam issue doesn’t seem to be a top priority either. Reporting a randomly generated link doesn’t help when a new random link is generated for the next pop up...

Thank you, I try to record and catogorize everything I do to help others or to find old pics.

·
Administrator
259 Posts
Unfortunately, the installing these plugins requires more advanced database access then we have. The techs who do have the proper access are tied up in fixes on other sites in our network. We can't get attention for these "non-essential" tasks right now. Sorry

Kevin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts