Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Light right foot, empty bed, clean air filter, tires inflated properly... a good CAI and cat-back will help as well

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts
4:56 gear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I was curious about computers (hypertech, superchips) and of course 87 or 89 any differences that anyone knows for a fact, also the TORNADO

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MrHemi:
Light right foot, empty bed, clean air filter, tires inflated properly... a good CAI and cat-back will help as well
+1.... but an empty bed? Who needs a bed at all in the city?

Less fuel in your tank, smaller wheels, turn it off at stop lights or when coasting (I actually know someone that does that).

But in seriousness, what MrH said are really good things, correct tire pressure, and less junk hauling around, and the less fuel in your tank (gas is 6lbs per gallon) are all immediate things that you can do.

G

·
quote:turn it off at stop lights

LOL< you use more fuel to start up than you do just sitting at a red light.

Superchips 87 should give you beetter gas mileage.. But in the world of trucks, their is no way to get 30 mpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks I appreciate the tips just thinking about investing in a hypertech programmer
wanted to know everyone's opinion on the matter due to how much they are

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
quote:Originally posted by *Damn*its*gotta*Hemi*:
quote:turn it off at stop lights

LOL< you use more fuel to start up than you do just sitting at a red light.

Superchips 87 should give you beetter gas mileage.. But in the world of trucks, their is no way to get 30 mpg
I figured the same, that paragraph was more of a joke, cause I knew a guy who used to do that. Sorry, bad joke.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Sorry, but it has been scientifically that each modification done to a HEMI causes a proportional increase in weight of the right foot.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I purchased a jet stream scoop in the last group buy and increased my city mpg by 2 and highway by 4-5, and I have yet to install a K&N filter or change the airbox. I also have the power wire to install offered by the same place. But a heavy left foot hurts especially with a 4X4 mega cab.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ment right foot. lol

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
1st just push it. that will increase your mileage a great deal 2nd that "tornado" makes a great paperweight stay away from it they dont work.

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
So using the 87 oct setting is better mpg, and perf. levels arent that much different?

·
Formerly 'Vince'
1,424 Posts
I was surprised to find how much tire pressure does effect gas mileage, especially if you have the 20"s. I went from 32 to 38 and noticed a 4-5 MPG difference on the highway... seriously.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok, I have a big mega cab 4x4 w/ a hemi. How can I get better then 11 - 12 overall?

I'm use to having diesels to please be gentle. haha

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
It depends on what mods you already have. Think about it this way, you're getting better fuel economy than I am in my QC right now. Getting on the dyno this afternoon to check A/F...might be just a tad rich.

·
Registered
52 Posts
True, but my truck is stock. I don't plan on increasing the tire size. The only mods I'll do, is a grill guard, headache rack, & tool box. I believe their is a product out their that will help me get atleast 16 mpg. What do you think?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts