Hemi Truck Club banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you Greg,
I've used Bouchillon's G3 mounts on 3 other swaps, but I'm not a fan of these mounts. Gen3 Hemi Engine Mounting Bracket Kit 72-93 Dodge TRUCK - Bouchillon Performance Engineering
Drivers side should work out with just adding a plate, the Passenger side will need more work to get it in there right with out interfering with the oil filter boss.
Bouchillon's mounts have some oil filter issue also , If I were to move the engine trans combo forward or go with a Engine plate there would be clearance.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
From the way the block is sitting, it looks like you won't have any problem making up something to work.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Worked on the passenger side mount tonight, got it notched out , drilled one hole in each side, engine is level and centered. Waiting for some steel plate to weld up more area to bolt to the block.
Bought a pair of SRT8 exhaust manifolds today, I'll try them 1st, then maybe Ram headers. I know TTI A-body headers will work,but I don't want to pay that much for headers, I think 300/lx headers will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well that didn't work like I hoped, Passenger side can work with some trimming of the upper section of the frame rail, Drivers side there's a lot of work, I'll shoot some pics tonight.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Ric you will figure it out, just takes a lot of test fitting and cutting... it is what makes some mods stand out from simple bolt-on crap..

Reactions: ric3xrt

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
The drivers side, I would need to notch the engine bracket and move the brake proportioning valve, and notch the rail like the passenger side, not a big deal.
I'm going to get a set of those cheap eBay LX headers and see how they fit.

Attachments

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Notch the frame, then finish the notch with plate and it'll look really trick!

Reactions: Ghost03hemi

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Ric, where are you?

Reactions: YeahItsAHemi

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Been getting Hammered at work and not the good kind.

Any way, been getting some ducks in a row so I can work from home, had some electric lines to run for the welder, bought a Hobart210MVP to use at home, still need to get a smaller welder for some sheet metal, I can use the 210 for now but I dislike switching wire back and fourth....need to get some concrete poured, funny thing is I can get quotes all week long but trying to find someone to actually show up to lay the stuff ,..."busy season sux"
Got some 1/8 steel to finish the engine brackets , some caliper adaptors to use WilWood(or other) Gm type 52s on the front. drop spindles are ordered and Van lower control arms should be here this week. should work out to nice 4-5 inch front drop.
My narrowed 8 3/4 rear housing is 4 inches too short....my bad.
I ordered 05-12 LX body headers going to see how they fit and what mods I might have to do to them for fitment.....pic to follow soon , hopefully by the end of the week.
Drag truck also go some parts this week, a bare 9.25 98-02 Dakota/Durango housing and my Caltrac rear leafs finally arrived.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
Ouch! Measure twice cut once.... that sux
Are the Caltrac half springs? My contractor has made a mess and been missing for three days..

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Caltracs are split spring single leaf , 98-02 Dakota application.
the rear was a total brain fart on my part, I measured the rails outside to outside, but forgot , backspacing and axle ends.......ahhh Crap happens I'll use it some where, Maybe I'll build a T-bucket and use it there.

·
Greg
20,062 Posts
So what did you end up with flange to flange? I use notebooks and write it all down. Then draw pictures and then measure it all again. Its a 50/50 chance I got it right....

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Well worked on the D side for a bit the other night, I have the back 2 tubes welded up , had to cut the LX header apart and modify each tube to fit in the space between the rail and block..
and the last photo is of the K1 rods for the 410CI 5.7 block build.

Should have the body tub off sometime in the next 2 weeks and on to a rotisserie , the tub needs some support box work....slow moving project.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
LX headers are a PAIN IN THE A$$ idea......well now we are on to custom headers...…..dyno sheet for the 392 that's going in the Ramcharger…...should motivate with a race weight of 3200+/- 100lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well it's been awhile since I last did Anything with this poor old girl, the body shop plan went to crap, so I decided to start on the body this week sanded down the P-side have to order some rocker patches this coming week .
I'm going to work on a motor plate for this and dump the home made motor mounts.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 45 Posts