Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yow Amigo's,

Anyone could tell me what would be the weight of the front when I put jack under the forward chassis in order to raise both wheels at the same time??? My jack seem to hit the overload!!!

Thanks for your answers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yow Amigo's,

Anyone could tell me what would be the weight of the front when I put jack under the forward chassis in order to raise both wheels at the same time??? My jack seem to hit the overload!!!

Thanks for your answers!

·
Greg
19,956 Posts
Dutch, I don't know for certain but I think it would be safe to assume you are lifting close to 1500 kg.

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts

I think the 4x4 Quad cab has a curb weight of about 5300 to 5500 pounds and the front weighs more than the rear.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
There should be a data plate in the front driver side door jam that gives you that info.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
No labels on the truck will show its weight. To answer the question, 1500kg sounds 'bout right. A 3-ton jack should be more than enough. What type jack are you using?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Mike, Sounds reasonable! Jack type= OMCN 255 (trolly-type jack)Which should just take under 1500KG. Went back to suppliers technical support and they told me how to tweek the hydraulic plunger to increase jack power!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Originally posted by HemiByrd:

I think the 4x4 Quad cab has a curb weight of about 5300 to 5500 pounds and the front weighs more than the rear.
Dave the one time I was able to get my truck weighed the scale was showing 5760ish and no I wasn't in the truck or on the scale, it'd been definately over 6000 then! LOL

·
Board of Directors
25,097 Posts
More than I expected. That's a lot of Ram!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts