Hemi Truck Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I replaced my factory infinity speakers. I replaced them with 3way infinity speakers. They came with adapters that plug into the factory harness so you can plug in the aftermarket speakers. The problem is once in a while they will work and most of the time they don’t. They sound great once they kick in. Has anyone else had any problems like this after replacing the speakers?

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,714 Posts
Bummer. I did not experience any issues after a swap many years ago.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It absolutely sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere, or when installed they are grounding out somewhere.

IIRC the '06 have the 6.5" speaker (not a 6x9) in the door. Did the replacement speaker bolt directly in?
Sometimes if the speaker is sitting in the opening kinda wonky it won't make a whole lot of sound energy cause it's moving about in the mount.

Just spit ballin, for the size of door in the truck, they're not the friendliest for stereo installs (without a bit of work).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 6x9’s screwed right into the factory mounting holes. The factory speakers worked find but one had w crack in the paper and that’s why I replaced them. I know the original infinity speakers were 2ways and I replaced them with 3ways. I just can’t understand why they both go out at the same time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It very much sounds like something is grounding out, which is likely killing power to both front channels.
Take em apart and look closely at the speaker wire terminals and see if it looks like they've been rubbing on anything.

I haven't put 6x9 in a 3rd gen, I know in the 2nd gen trucks, you needed a spacer as Dodge liked to make the hole a slightly different shape than EVERYONE else in the world.

·
John
4,069 Posts
It very much sounds like something is grounding out, which is likely killing power to both front channels.
Take em apart and look closely at the speaker wire terminals and see if it looks like they've been rubbing on anything.

I haven't put 6x9 in a 3rd gen, I know in the 2nd gen trucks, you needed a spacer as Dodge liked to make the hole a slightly different shape than EVERYONE else in the world.
I installed Polk Audio Speakers DXi 691’s (6"x9") front doors, and DXi 651’s (6.5") rear doors on my 07' Quad Cab 1500 with no problems, direct screw on speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts