Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (and gals). I haven't posted here much since I got rid of the truck, but this is worth spreading.

I've been reading a lot about people scamming people out of money on car forums for parts etc., and one of the members at the forum I frequent now (svtperformance.com) posted this link:

Scammer

It's a prime example of what's going on and the members watching out for each other.

Just wanted to give you guys and Mr. Hemi a heads up for this type of stuff. This has always been a great forum and I know you guys will look out for each other. As the forum grows, the sharks start circling. Just one of many instances I've read about the past few days. A lot of the forums have LEO's that are members and are extremely helpful in "acquiring" info on these people. Hopefully there are a few here as well.

Later guys

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anytime
. If you guys want I can give you more links of similar instances, these people really need to be stopped. I just read about a forum argument that, in the end, a guy drove 1300 miles and burned a guys trailer to the ground! Crazy People
This stuff is way out of hand.

·
Registered
12,588 Posts
Aint saying that was right but Im sure they deserved it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird. Some forums will delete those after awhile. I'll give you the Reader's Digest versions.

The first one (Scammer) was a guy that was going from forum to forum, posting things for sale in their market section and taking people's money when he didn't have anything to sell in the first place. The instance I posted was parts that he supposedly had on his 'Vette and needed to sell because he was having a baby and his fiance was on him about raising some money. The parts in question were a built motor out of his 'Vette and a supercharger. He advertise them at a great price. Too great, and the people picked up on it, one of the LEO's on the forum got his info and found out what was really going on. Apparently he did this on many other forums and it just now caught up to him.

He would get people interested, they would PM him and he would give them his bank routing number and information so that they could wire money directly to his bank account (supposedly only used for the sole purpose of selling things). After the money was in his account he would disappear.

The second one (Crazy People) was insane. Two guys got in to it on a forum, one of them drove 1300 miles to the other guys house and burned it down.

I wish the links weren't broken, because it was great to see how the guys on the 'Vette forum got info on him (and I mean info as in real name, address, pics of his house, where he worked, tax information...it was very thorough, lol).

Just be on the lookout as it seems this is a growing thing on car forums. This message has been edited. Last edited by: HemiHead04, document.write(''+ myTimeZone('Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:05:09 GMT-0700', '27 July 2007 09:05 PM')+''); 27 July 2007 09:05 PM

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
Good info. Too bad about the links.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
13,698 Posts
That scammer dude is DONE!!! Nice job, HH04.

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Good to see you again HH04

Hope that Cobra is keeping you entertained

Thanks for the info - we'll be keeping our eyes open for him and/or copycats.

·
Board of Directors (Jay)
43,454 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quote:Originally posted by MrHemi:
Good to see you again HH04

Hope that Cobra is keeping you entertained

Thanks for the info - we'll be keeping our eyes open for him and/or copycats.
Yeah, it's been awhile. I had to relearn everything for the 4V Mod Motor. After being here and jumping in to the other forum it's a night and day difference. There's good people there, but nothing like the family here at HTC.

The only problem I'm having right now is traction...big time. My last trip to the track, I shifted to second and the car broke loose, headed toward the guard rail, I let out, got it straight, got back in it and it broke loose again sending me over the center line. In hind sight I should have never gotten back in it. After that night I vowed not to come back until I had my traction issues resolved, lol.

I'll keep a look out for more guys like that and if I find any I'll give you a heads up.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey my name is really Tim Richard!!!! anybody wanna buy a blower for your hemi, its garranteed to fit under the hood!!!

just kidding. :p

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
quote:Originally posted by Hemi-gunner '05:
Go figure it was a Navy guy! great ,.... just great!
I feel your pain. Aviation side here
. Leave it to the firemen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts