Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,
Just wanted to tell you all that the truck guys up here don't seem to want to get together with their HEMIs.
I've been out and about, passing out flyers, under wipers and hand to hand. No response. Everyone seems friendly enough, and all say they will email me...but.. Zilch ! Go
Figure ! Not sure what the reason might be,.. I shower daily and brush my teeth before I go out the door... no Luck.

I haven't heard anything from my Dodge/Ram dealer
either, who was suppose to hand a copy of my flyer to each new truck purchased. I'm running out of ideas... Where's
the "Pride in your Ride?" Wish I had a more successful note
to send you all, but the truth is what it is. Until next time,

"God bless the USA and our Troops"

Sarge

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i ran into the same situation it takes alot of scouting... you meet alot of ppl and stuff but they just dont understand what we offer... but i still try everywhere i go...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scouting for the Chapter

Hemi Rider,
I think my problem is that I believe every time
I see a beautiful, shiny, work of MOPAR ART sitting somewhere or driving by, that the Owner must certainly feel as I do about his/her RAM. And would also enjoy meeting and being able to talk with other like minded Owners.

Not so I'm afraid, but like you, I will continue to pass out my flyers and talk up the benefits of belonging to
the club and having brothers and sisters you can exchange
ideas and experiences with. Not to mention, the benefit of
the social gatherings and showing our "Pride in our Rides".

I'll keep you all informed as to my progress, and I appreciate your comments. At least I know someone is
reading these updates and aware of my progress (or lack
there of). lol... Have a great HEMI day Amigo !

"God bless the USA and our Troops!" Sarge

·
Registered
40,856 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to spread the word about HTC! :thumb:

Reactions: RJ

·
Team Spankintime
530 Posts
Welcome to the party Michigan is nothing, I even ask people with Hemi rams if they want to meet up some time. Maybe I should try to hand out flyers like you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New Chapter

Hey Michigan,
Sounds like your SRT8 breaks the sound barrier on land! Good stuff.
I just don't think that Truck owners in the North have the same mind set as the Truck owners in the South. I lived in the South many times and trucks were a way of life for most boys growing up. Junkers and Clunkers and fixer-uppers and then as you grew older, the "Nice Stuff". Texas was great Truck Country and the term, "Cowboy Caddy" wasn't created in the big apple. All my folks were from Anderson and Greenville, SC. Maybe my Daddy just passed it on to me. I really don't know. But
Trucks in Massachusetts and Rhode Island just don't have
a brotherhood of any kind from what I can see. It's too bad,
Their missing out on a good thing.
But I will keep flyers in my truck and continue to seek out new members. It's kinda like becoming
a personal challenge now. And once again, I will continue to bring you the news on my success. Good, Bad, or Indifferent. Have a great HEMI day everyone. And a great NFL day as well. "God bless the USA and our Troops!"

Sarge

·
Team Spankintime
530 Posts
Ha ha when I WOT it on the highway it feels like it. But yeah I'm noticing that a lot myself. When I was in SOCAL majority of the guys from Cali were in northern California, so it was hard to meet up with them. But I think I'm going to try the same thing your doing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Chapter attempts......

Well my Brothers and Sisters,
The long and short of it is, still nada on Hemi Owners wanting to circle the wagons for coffee every now and then. And with the onset of Ole Man Winter up here in New England that's just going to get even harder to
accomplish. I'm one of the few idiots that drive around with the heater on and the driver's window at least half way open. Hard to wave and get other trucks attention driving by with a flyer. lol... But as I've said before, I will continue
the effort, but not quite as fervently as this summer and fall. I have to save some of my energy for snow removal!
Somebody emailed me through the Club, (not directly), asking for the Flyer I pass out. I made my own up. It's nothing official. But I had business cards made up and attach them as well to the flyer. If anyone wants to see the flyer, you need to email me directly and I'll gladly send you a copy in a attached scan. ok? Maybe some of you Club Officials can read my flyer and provide some additional
ideas? I am always open to new ideas my HEMI brethren.
Have a great HEMI day and watch your six !

"God bless the USA and our Troops"

Sarge

1 - 11 of 11 Posts