Hemi Truck Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year all.

Was wondering if anyone has had the dreaded floppy visor syndrome, :facepalm: and how, if at all, you fixed it.

If not fixed, does anyone know of a place to get custom or just replacement visors.

I have read about OEM replacement visors that are crap. :banghead:

Thanks

·
Ramless Member
1,036 Posts
You could try Rockauto. I think the visors should have Velcro on them so this flopping stuff never happens. Dunno why they don't....

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am thinking that there is a set screw on them to tighten them up......................
That's what I though Nathan. But I removed it today and didn't find anything to tighten. With the sliding function that these have, they can't put a screw like the older ones could. :facepalm:

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could try Rockauto. I think the visors should have Velcro on them so this flopping stuff never happens. Dunno why they don't....
Ryan, mine currently has Velcro on it too. But I'm trying to get all the little stuff fixed correctly. these details bug the crap out of me. I thing its an OCD thing. I was hoping to find something custom I could put on to make it a little none standard. But just fixed would work also. :)

·
Ramless Member
1,036 Posts
Really? lol that's funny! hey if it works! I was just saying I think they should come from the factory with velcro, it just makes sense to me. or like a snap button or something....anything to keep it from obstructing your view. Hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
The visor grips the rod just with friction. From what I've read, it's a real PITA to strip down the assembly and work on it.

A hook-and-loop fastener would work, but it would have to be stitched into the headliner and the visor. The adhesive would not grip the cloth enough to survive the first bump/pull down.

·
Registered
13,194 Posts
Would there be any way :confused: to improvise a spring system for the rod - kind of like the old fashion wooden clothes pin had?

:confused:

If you find a fix let please us ALL know - it may be a more common problem than we think...

:thumb:

·
Ramless Member
1,036 Posts
Would there be any way :confused: to improvise a spring system for the rod - kind of like the old fashion wooden clothes pin had?

:confused:

If you find a fix let please us ALL know - it may be a more common problem than we think...

:thumb:
:iagree: in my old truck when the passenger side started sagging I couldn't find anything on how to fix it...ended up just taking the whole visor out of the truck.

·
Super Moderator
'05 Boosted 426 & '14 4X4
12,814 Posts
SVD happens when not enough tension flows, preventing an up right position. Sun Visor dysfunction, or SVD, is the mechanical term for difficulties achieving and keeping your Visor up. It is a mechanical problem that affects about 30 million men. Your doctor or healthcare professional can give you more complete information.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :D

·
Ramless Member
1,036 Posts
SVD happens when not enough tension flows, preventing an up right position. Sun Visor dysfunction, or SVD, is the mechanical term for difficulties achieving and keeping your Visor up. It is a mechanical problem that affects about 30 million men. Your doctor or healthcare professional can give you more complete information.

Oh wait, wrong thread. :D
:facepalm:

You forgot to add that you should contact your doctor if your Visor remains in the upright position for more than 4 hours.

·
Administrator
18,090 Posts
The visors have a built in tension clip inside the slide rail near the mount its not serviceable and will have to be changed

In the mount rod there is a piece of metal pressing on the plastic rod and there is a tiny groove it locks into when all the way up a combination of the groove and the spring weakening cause it to droop down

Velcro is a temp fix kinda ugly IMO you should be able to find a set fairly cheap check LMC truck

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am surprised at how few aftermarket visors there are out there.

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
No more floppy sunvisor

Got my new visor in today. I ordered it from a company on Ebay.
Quirk Parts Depot. 2002 2005 Dodge RAM 1500 2500 3500 Drivers Side Front Left Sun Visor Mopar | eBay
It cost $54.00 shipped. Looks identical to the original and works just like you would expect a new one to.

Ordered last Thursday ground and it arrived Monday.
So there you have it. If you have the "floppy visor syndrome" here is your cure. :):thumb:

·
Ramless Member
1,036 Posts
$54 for one? Seems a little excessive.... a set maybe I could see $50 for. Then again I'm a cheap SOB lol

·
Gold-Member
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
$54 for one? Seems a little excessive.... a set maybe I could see $50 for. Then again I'm a cheap SOB lol
Yes I agree. But I have been looking for a few weeks and could not find any for less. There weren't many people that are selling them at all. So I guess its one of those supply/demand things.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.